Dr Ioanna (Joanna) Karaoulani-Lawson West
Mental Health Specialist
Counselling Services for Adults & Children.
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Areas of Counselling:
Child-related issues ,Family issues.
Stress, Anxiety, Depression, Self-harm, Trauma, Phobias, Bereavement.
Eco-therapy:Counselling in outer spaces.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a professional therapist for 18 years.
- PhD in Clinical Psychology, Division of Psychiatry, Medical School, University of Nottingham, UK
- MSc in Counselling -University of Strathclyde, UK
- BA in Psychology - American College of Greece
- HNC in Person-Centered Counselling - University of Strathclyde, UK
- HND in Person-Centered Counselling - University of Strathclyde, UK
- HNC IN Emotional Intelligence & Self Esteem, University of the Aegean, Greece
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity, Kingston Maurward College, UK Alliance Psycho-Education Programme for Schizophrenia - Social Skills Training - Hellenic Neuro-psychiatric Clinic “Panagia Grigorousa”
- Sexual Health Education & Training - Pan Hellenic Social Institution of Health Care
- Strengthening Community Health Worker Programs, Harvard University, USA
- Clinical Practices Guidelines and Resources for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Treatment - Massachusetts General Hospital, Psychiatry Department, USA
- Cognitive Processing Therapy for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) - Massachusetts General Hospital, Psychiatry Department, USA
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy - Medical University of South Carolina, USA
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Child related issues
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Eco Therapy - Depression & Anxiety
Trauma & PTSD - Emotional Healing through Clay Modelling
My fees are
£65 for assessment and for subsequent sessions.
£120 Home visits.
£100 for Eco-therapy (counselling in outer spaces).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon-Fri: 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Saturday: 2.00 pm - 8.00 pm
Sunday: 10.00 am - 8.00 pm
Types of client