Dr Ioanna Karaoulani-Lawson West
PhD in Clinical Psychology MBACP 385634
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Mental Health Specialist
Counselling Services for Adults & Children.
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Areas of Counselling:
- Stress, Anxiety, Loneliness, Depression, Self-harm, Trauma, Phobias, Bereavement.
- Child related issues, Family issues.
- Eco-therapy: Counselling in outer spaces for Stress and Depression.
- Intrusive Thoughts Clay Therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a professional therapist for 19 years. Registered MBACP
- PhD in Clinical Psychology, Division of Psychiatry, Medical School, University of Nottingham, UK
- MSc in Counselling -University of Strathclyde, UK
- BA in Psychology - American College of Greece
- HNC in Person-Centered Counselling - University of Strathclyde, UK
- HND in Person-Centered Counselling - University of Strathclyde, UK
- HNC IN Emotional Intelligence & Self Esteem, University of the Aegean, Greece
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity, Kingston Maurward College, UK Alliance Psycho-Education Programme for Schizophrenia - Social Skills Training - Hellenic Neuro-psychiatric Clinic “Panagia Grigorousa”
- Sexual Health Education & Training - Pan Hellenic Social Institution of Health Care
- Strengthening Community Health Worker Programs, Harvard University, USA
- Clinical Practices Guidelines and Resources for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Treatment - Massachusetts General Hospital, Psychiatry Department, USA
- Cognitive Processing Therapy for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) - Massachusetts General Hospital, Psychiatry Department, USA
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy - Medical University of South Carolina, USA
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Eco Therapy - Depression & Anxiety
Trauma & PTSD - Emotional Healing through Clay Modelling
£65.00 per session
My fees are:
- £65 for assessment and for subsequent sessions.
- £65 for Intrusive Thoughts Clay Therapy.
- £100 for Eco-therapy (counselling in outer spaces).
When I work
Mon-Fri: 10:00am - 8:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
My focus is to help individuals heal, energize, and become aware of their inner strengths. I achieve this by providing a neutral safe space, listening to your concerns, and customizing a treatment plan.