Hello I aim to help you find a way forward out of a stressful or painful time.
I believe there is always hope for change. Having worked in the NHS and Public health for many years specialising in addiction and health improvement l now work in private practice in Acomb.
I also supervise counsellors and volunteers in two local York charities. Working from a person centred approach I also integrate other theories of counselling as appropriate including CBT. I am comfortable working with issues of faith and spirituality.
I understand that finding the right therapist to work with can be hard and so I recommend a brief telephone conversation before booking an appointment.
Sometimes short term work of about six sessions is enough to understand a situation and make significant changes however I also offer work longer term to where it is appropriate.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Mental health first aid. Mind - 2018
- Diploma in Supervision.Therapy and Counselling Teesside - 2018
- B.A.C.P Accredited member - 2009
- Graduate Diploma in Counselling. York St John University - 2002
- Certificate in Counselling. Ripon @York St John - 2000
- Diploma in Community Nursing. York University - 2000
- Registered General Nurse. York Hospital - 1981
- B.A.Hons English & Philosophy. Middlesex Poly - 1976
My nursing and counselling experience has given me a wealth of understanding of a wide range of complex physical and mental health issues. I have worked within the health service and local council as a health improvement specialist and in occupational health counselling for both of these services.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Career counselling
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Work-related stress
I charge £40 per one hour session with some concessionary places and £50 for couples
I aim to help you improve your mental health and physical well being in order to move forward to enjoy all life has to offer. I am also experienced at working with couples to help restore and refresh relationships.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have appointments on Tuesday and Friday
Types of client