Jill Abernethy - BSc. Hons Psychology, Dip. Counselling - MBACP
Libertas Therapy Ltd
01925 758971 / 07967 481808
Having made the decision to look for a counsellor one of the hardest parts can be who to choose. Having someone who can offer you a calm and safe space to explore any emotional distress you may be feeling within a confidential, non-judgemental and empathic environment is central to a productive therapeutic relationship. This is what we will build together, at your pace.
Within my private practise, I work empathically, honestly and with no judgement with a wide range of emotional challenges that people face in life from welcoming counselling rooms in Lymm offering you a safe, comfortable and private environment.
On a voluntary basis, i work with Macmillan within the NHS specialising in bereavement, grief and living with life limiting illness.
- I have a detailed understanding and experience of the challenges people face with Autism - both with those on the spectrum and those who may be in a caring role and how Autism May impact on the wider family / friends.
- i have experience with working with people who are experiencing friendship / relationship issues / stress and anxiety / depression / autistic and neurotypical individuals who prefer a tailored communication approach / family issues / undergoing treatment for cancer / life after cancer treatment / bereavement / adjusting to life following a traumatic incident / student counsellors and those undergoing a life change. There is a more detailed list within my profile should you wish to take a look.
- Prior to my counselling career i worked within HR as a CIPD HR professional / Trainer.
I recognise that starting counselling may be a daunting prospect, so please do feel free to contact me in what ever way is comfortable for you should you like to know a little more about what to expect or to ask any questions about how counselling might help you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapy (BACP) registered Person Centred counsellor and operate within the ethical rules of the BACP. In common with all ethical practitioners I am committed to continual professional development.
My qualifications include:
- BACP member
-Diploma in Counselling
- Bsc Psychology
- BPS (CPD) Working with adults with Autism
I have been working within the NHS as a counsellor on a voluntary basis for the past 2 years.
I have knowledge and experience of working with people on the Autistic Spectrum.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Parents and Carers of Children on the Autistic Spectrum
Living with a life limiting illness
I offer a reduced price for an initial meeting, as it is important that you find the right counsellor for you: £20
Thereafter: £40 per session
Students: £30 per session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Friday I aim to work with you on a time that fits us both
Types of client