Dr Jason Chan
Professional roles and experiences
Jason is a highly skilled and experienced Clinical Psychologist who specializes in psychological treatment for adult mental health problems. He also offers consultation for medical and allied healthcare professionals on psychological care for individuals with complex mental and physical health needs.
Outside of his private practice, Jason works as a Principal Clinical Psychologist in the Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust in London, UK. He has 14 years of experience of working in and leading mental health and clinical health services in the UK National Health Service (NHS), including psychological therapy services, psychology service for cardiac and respiratory medicine, and community and inpatient neuro-rehabiliation teams.
He is also a Honorary Clinical Lecturer at the Clinical Psychology department at UCL and he teaches on postgraduate training courses on CBT for qualified therapists and psychologists in England.
Clinically, Jason is an expert in using and integrating a broad range of therapeutic modalities. His approach emphasizes a purposive attunement to his patients' inner experiences, and the influence of their lifelong developments. On these bases, he applies a personalized and incisive use of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, Humanistic and Emotion-focused Therapy, Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP), Mindfulness meditation and approaches, Compassion-focused therapy (CFT), trauma-focused therapy using EMDR and somatic experiencing, couple's and family work, Positive Psychology, Systemic therapy, Existential Therapy, and Transpersonal Psychology approaches, to construct a meaningful, deeply person-centred and experiential therapeutic process that deepens self-understanding, resolves symptoms and distress, and effects real and lasting changes.
Areas of Expertise & Interests
He is most experienced and interested in treating:
- Acute & chronic depression
- Anxiety disorders (including OCD, generalized anxiety disorder, social & performance anxiety, hypochrondriasis or health anxiety, panic disorders, and various specific phobias)
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and Complex-PTSD
- Problems with self-worth and self-esteem
- Psychological and relational aftermath of childhood neglect and abuses
- Addiction problems (including alcohol, drugs and sex additions)
- Eating disorders (including binge-eating, bulimia nervosa and mild to moderate anorexia nervosa)
- Psychosexual problems for individuals and couples
- Chronic loneliness or emptiness due to attachment difficulties/disorder
- Emotional numbness, relationship avoidance
- Adjustment disorder following significant losses and other stressful life events
- Burnout syndrome and chronic stress
- Mental health problems related to long-term health conditions (e.g. chronic pain, chronic fatigue syndromes, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, cardiac diseases and COPD)
- Mental health problems related to post-stroke and post-brain injuries adjustment difficulties.
- Jason also offers spiritual counselling for people who identify with suffering from spirtual crisis, loss of meaning or looking for clarity, support and coaching on their personal spiritual journey and practices particularly from Christian and/or Buddhist traditions (please email for further information)
In addition to his expertise in adult mental health, Jason is also an established neuropsychologist experienced in conducting neuropsychological assessment, treatment and cognitive rehabilitation for people who suffer from mental health difficulties and neuro-cognitive impairments resulted from acquired brain injuries, stroke or developmental issues such as autism, learning disabilities and ADHD.
Jason is the co-founder and clinical director of Zenith Psychology where he works closely with a growing network of clinical psychologists, psychiatrists, educational psychologists and paedatric neuropsychologists. Please check website for more information.
Jason provides individual or group clinical supervision for qualified psychologists and clinical/counselling psychology and psychotherapy trainees.
For teaching, tailored workshops in corporations and other work settings, and commentaries on broadcast and social media, please email directly to enquire.
Telephone: 020 3322 9446
Secretary: Ms Thereasa Morgan
Training, qualifications & experience
Professional memberships & Experiences
Jason is a Clinical Psychologist chartered by the British Psychological Society (BPS) and a registered practitioner psychologist with Health and Care Professional Council (HCPC). He is also a BABCP accredited CBT Therapist (with Full Accreditation), and one of England's first practitioners of Emotion-focused Therapy (EFT).
Jason obtained his Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology (D.Clin.Psy) at University College London (UCL) in 2011 and completed his specialist training and received a postgraduate diploma (Pg.Dip) in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) in 2013 at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience at King’s College London (IOPPN, KCL) where he received training from some of the world’s most renowned experts in CBT on the treatment for Depression, the full spectrum of Anxiety Disorders, PTSD, Eating Disorders and other common mental health problems.
Jason is amongst the first cohort of psychologists in England to have received training in Emotion-focused therapy (EFT) an advanced humanistic psychotherapy modality by Leslie Greenberg, its founder, and received a postgraduate certificate in the subject. He also received extensive supervised training in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy and is a practitioner of trauma-focused therapy using CBT, EMDR and somatic experiencng.
Jason is also an experienced neuropsychologist and completed a Masters degree (MSc.) in Cognitive Neuropsychology at Birkbeck College, University of London in 2008 and have 7 years of experience in offering neuropsychological needs assessment with cognitive testing, delivering individual and systemic (family) therapy and offering consultation on neuro-rehabilitation and mental health care for people who suffered from traumatic losses related to acquired brain injuries and stroke across both NHS hospital and community settings.
Bupa provider profile:
BPS online directory:
BABCP online directory:
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies
The BABCP is the lead organisation for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in the UK.
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in the practice, theory or development of CBT. BABCP also provides accreditation for CBT therapists.
BABCP accredited members adhere to the Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics in the Practice of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies, and are willing to be scrutinised in this adherence as required.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£125.00 per session
Concessions offered for
- Adult psychological therapy - £125 per hour
- Psychological assessment - £125 per hour
- Clinical supervision - £125 per hour (for qualified clinicians); £70 per hour (for trainee clinical and counselling psychologists and trainee psychotherapist)
- Group supervision - 3-5 people - £ 40 per person per hour
Please visit zenithpsychology.co.uk or get in touch directly via email for further details.
Monday to Friday 9am - 8pm Weekend appointments available (please enquire directly)
I am a registered provider for the following major health insurance providers:
- Vitality / Prudential
Please contact me directly for more information regarding making a claim for your psychological therapy.