Dr. Jason Chan, BSc (Hons.), MSc, DClinPsy, Pg.Dip (CBT), CPsychol, BABCP
Jason is a highly experienced Clinical Psychologist specialised in psychotherapy for adult acute and chronic mental health problems and consultation for medical and allied healthcare professionals on psychological support for individuals with complex psychological needs.
Therapeutically, he is an expert in working integratively. In other words, he is trained in a wide range of therapeutic modalities and his practice involves a highly personalized, flexible and incisive use of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Psychodynamic Therapy, Humanistic and Emotion-focused Therapy, Mindfulness, Compassion-focused, Positive Psychology, Systemic, Existential, and Transpersonal Psychology approaches, to construct a meaningful, deeply person-centred and experientially attuned therapeutic experience that deepens self-understanding, resolves symptoms and distress, and effects real and lasting changes.
Areas of Expertise & Interests
He is most experienced in treating:
- Acute & chronic depression
- Anxiety disorders (including OCD, generalized anxiety disorder, social & performance anxiety, hypochrondriasis or health anxiety, panic disorders, and various specific phobias)
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Problems with self-worth and self-esteem
- Psychological and relational aftermath of childhood neglect and abuses
- Addiction problems
- Eating disorders (including binge-eating, bulimia nervosa and anorexia nervosa)
- Psychosexual problems for individuals and couples
- Chronic loneliness or emptiness due to attachment difficulties
- Emotional numbness, relationship avoidance
- Loss of meaning & spiritual crisis
- Burnout syndrome and chronic stress
- Mental health problems related to long-term health conditions (e.g. chronic pain, chronic fatigue syndromes, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, cardiac diseases and COPD)
- Mental health problems related to post-stroke and post-brain injuries adjustment difficulties.
Jason is also an established neuropsychologist experienced in working with clients who suffered from mental health difficulties and cognitive impairment resulted from acquired brain injuries, or related to developmental issues such as autism, learning disabilities and ADHD.
He is experienced in the neuropsychological assessment of cognitive dysfunction and cognitive rehabilitation for clients who had suffered acquired brain injury and post-stroke impairments.
Training, qualifications & experience
Jason is a Clinical Psychologist chartered by the British Psychological Society (BPS) and a registered practitioner psychologist with Health and Care Professional Council (HCPC). He is also a BABCP accredited CBT Therapist (with Full Accreditation), and one of England's first practitioners of Emotion-focused Therapy.
Jason obtained his Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology (D.Clin.Psy) at University College London (UCL) in 2011 and completed his specialist training and received a postgraduate diploma (Pg.Dip) in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) in 2013 at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience at King’s College London (IOPPN, KCL) where he received training from some of the world’s most renowned experts in CBT on the treatment for Depression, the full spectrum of Anxiety Disorders, PTSD, Eating Disorders and other common mental health problems.
Jason is amongst the first cohort of psychologists in England to have received training in Emotion-focused therapy (EFT) an advanced humanistic psychotherapy modality by Leslie Greenberg, its founder, and received a postgraduate certificate in the subject. He also received extensive supervised training in psychodynamic psychotherapy.
Jason is also an experienced neuropsychologist and completed a Masters degree in Cognitive Neuropsychology at Birkbeck College, University of London in 2008 and have extensive experience in cognitive assessment, delivering individual and systemic (family) therapy and offering consultation on neuro-rehabilitation and mental health care for people who suffered from traumatic losses related to acquired brain injuries and stroke across both hospital and community settings.
Currently, outside of his private practice, Jason works as a Principal Clinical Psychologist in the Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust in London.
He is also a Honorary Clinical Lecturer at the Clinical Psychology department at UCL and he teaches on selected postgraduate training courses on CBT for qualified therapists and psychologists in England.
Bupa provider profile:
BPS online directory:
BABCP online directory:
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Other therapies
- Adult psychotherapy - £100 per hour
- Psychological assessment - £125 per hour
- Clinical supervision - £100 per hour (for qualified clinicians); £50 per hour (for trainee clinical and counselling psychologists)
Please visit zenithpsychology.co.uk or get in touch directly for further details.
I am a registered clinician for all major healthcare insurance providers:
- Vitality / Prudential
Please contact me directly for more information regarding making a claim for your psychological therapy.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday 9am - 8pm Weekend appointments available (please enquire directly)
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|