Dr. Jason Chan, BSc (Hons.), MSc, DClinPsy, Pg.Dip (CBT), CPsychol, BABCP
I have more than eight years of experience in offering supervision for qualified clinical psychologists, counselling psychologists and psychotherapists on the use of integrative psychotherapy as well as offering consultation for medical and therapy services on psychological and neuropsychological treating planning in a wide range of NHS and private settings.
My approach is primarily humanistic and phenomenological. It is my belief that consistently effective psychological treatment is the result of (i) a keen, moment-by-moment empathic attunement to the inner experiences of patients and awareness of the interaction of these experiences with the hidden processes within their ecological systems, (ii) the drawing of clear and dynamic formulations, and (iii) a mastery in the application of a genuine pluralism of therapeutic approaches, methods and techniques.
What I offer
Depending on your needs, my supervision will emphasize in various degrees your needs for support, learning and reflection through your personal-emotional and transferential processes, the development of comprehensive formulation of symptoms, processes, persons and systems especially for highly complex cases, and the development of your knowledge, skills and techniques.
I would consider with you the flexible application of various approaches and skills drawn from:
- Short-term psychodynamic psychotherapy
- Emotion-focused therapy (EFT)
- Accelerated experiential dynamic psychotherapy (AEDP)
- Compassion-focused therapy (CFT)
- Acceptance- commitment therapy (ACT)
- Somatic experiencing
- Existential Psychotherapy
- Systemic therapy
- Transpersonal psychology
- Neuropsychology and cognitive rehabilitation
My aim is to help you work through impasses, produce effective, meaningful and lasting changes in your clients/patients and foster personal and professional growth.
I offer both ad-hoc and regular supervision for both individual and group (3-5 people per session).
My specialties include:
- Working with individuals, couples, families, social and healthcare systems
- Acute & chronic depression
- Anxiety disorders (including OCD, generalized anxiety disorder, social & performance anxiety, hypochondriasis or health anxiety, panic disorders, and various specific phobias)
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and Complex-PTSD
- Problems with self-worth and self-esteem
- Psychological and relational aftermath of childhood neglect and abuses
- Addiction problems (including alcohol, drugs and sex additions)
- Eating disorders (including binge-eating, bulimia nervosa and mild to moderate anorexia nervosa)
- Psychosexual problems for individuals and couples
- Chronic loneliness or emptiness due to attachment difficulties/disorder
- Emotional numbness, relationship avoidance
- Adjustment disorder following significant losses and other stressful life events
- Burnout syndrome and chronic stress
- Mental health problems related to long-term health conditions (e.g. chronic pain, chronic fatigue syndromes, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, cardiac diseases and COPD)
- Mental health problems related to post-stroke and post-brain injuries adjustment difficulties.
- I also offers supervision on clinician who practise spiritual counselling for people who identify with suffering from spirtual crisis, loss of meaning or looking for clarity, support and coaching on their personal spiritual journey and practices particularly from Christian and/or Buddhist traditions (please email for further information)
- I am an established neuropsychologist experienced in conducting neuropsychological assessment, treatment and cognitive rehabilitation for people who suffer from mental health difficulties and neuro-cognitive impairments resulted from acquired brain injuries, stroke or developmental issues such as autism, learning disabilities and ADHD.
- Individual - £100 per hour (Trainees - £50 - 2 places)
- Online Group (3- 5 people) - £35 per person per hour