I have worked within the NHS for over 30 years. I am passionate about supporting and guiding individuals towards reintegrating the self and finding new meaning in their lives. I have worked hard on myself and my own self-awareness through processing my own experience to enable to support my clients through theirs.
What can I help you with?
If you are struggling with your mental health at the moment, I can help with anything that you feel is preventing you from being the best version of yourself. You may feel lost, confused or overwhelmed with your experience and emotions. I can help to guide your process, to make sense of how you are feeling.
I have been working as a Counsellor for the NHS throughout the Covid-19 Pandemic, counselling NHS staff and also supporting the government initiative; Improving Access To Psychological Therapies (IAPT). I have experience in counselling individuals who have suffered with their mental health as a result of Covid-19.
I can help support you if you are struggling with your mental health as a result of the Pandemic. This may be; loneliness, fear, anxiety, panic, depression, bereavement, existential crisis or trauma.
How I work
I am a person-centred experiential therapist, which is based on a philosophy of:
- Honouring your individual, unique perceptions and experience.
- Promoting an increase in your self-awareness and personal development.
- Nurturing your self agency and empowerment.
- Guiding and supporting you in your process of acknowledging, focusing and exploring your unique experience and emotions.
- Promoting positive change in your life.
- To guide you towards choice, purpose, connection and hope.
You are the expert in you. I am here to support and guide you in your process and together we will work towards self love, healing and personal growth.
- To provide you with the fundamental conditions, within a trusting therapeutic relationship.
- To nurture a safe space for you to explore your experiences and emotions.
- To provide you with my presence, empathy and intuition.
- To honour your experience, without judgement.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Counselling & Psychotherapy BA (Hons) - 2019
- Level 2 in Counselling -2014
- Diploma in Midwifery -1994
- RGN: 1991
In the last 3 years, I have had experience in counselling clients with many issues that are affecting their lives, including:
- work related stress & burnout
- panic attacks
- obsessive-compulsive disorders (OCD)
- relationship breakup
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Concessions offered for
1/2 hour initial free consultation
£40.00 per hour
£220 for 6 sessions pre-booked
Monday - Friday: 09.00 - 6.30
Saturday: 09.30 - 4.30