Jackie Ayling Registered MBACP (Snr. Accred) BA (Hons)
I have worked as an Integrative Child & Adult Psychotherapist since 2006 working with children, adolescents and adults in my private practice as well as in schools and other agencies. I have had a successful career teaching in the field of Counselling and Psychotherapy from 2008-2019. I also counsel and supervise counsellors, both trainees and qualified as well as pastoral staff of organisations locally. I enjoy studying and research in this area and strive to keep my Continuing Professional Development record current and attend workshops regularly as well as undertaking qualifications that aid and are relevant to my work. I have been a member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists since 2007, becoming Accredited in 2009 and Senior Accredited in 2015. I hold many qualifications related to my work and educated to BA (Hons) Level (1st Class) in Professional Studies (Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy). I plan to continue with my studies as a Post Graduate.
How I work and what to expect at the beginning;
I use an integrative approach to help people who are having difficulties in their life and wish to seek an independent helper to listen and provide a non-judgemental environment in which to explore these difficulties. The therapeutic relationship is an important part of the therapy and i strive to provide a safe, empathic, trusting environment.
When we first meet I will explain how i work and gain an understanding of the issues you are bringing to therapy so that we may decide if i am the right person for you and plan a way forwards. I have been trained in many theories which allows me to use the best theoretical approach(es) depending on your needs and what is most appropriate for you. I can provide telephone counselling as well as short and long term face to face counselling. I work from my home near Bury St.Edmunds. I am a senior accredited registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists and the governments voluntary Professional Standards Authority register (PSA). This guarantees that I have met a high level of training and experience, I adhere to the BACP ethical Framework and undertake regular continuing professional development.
How can counselling help?
'Talking therapies can help with many difficult life problems - from coping with traumatic experiences and events, to dealing with depression and anxiety or managing harmful emotions and behaviours'. (BACP, 2019)
Person-centered/humanistic, Psychodynamic, CBT, Phenomenological, Psycho-Social/Psychosexual, Attachment Theory, Focusing, Jungian, Family & Domestic Violence, Anger Management, Child Psychology, Grief & Bereavement, Child Therapy, Science of the mind, Relationship Counselling, Social Science, Safeguarding, Teaching, Cruse, Mindfulness, Anxiety & Depression, Supervision, Self-Development/Awareness and many other topics related to the counselling profession.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Professional Studies (Counselling & Psychotherapy)
- Diploma HE (Counselling & Social Sciences)
- Advanced Diploma (Integrative Counselling)
- NVQ3 + Diploma (Integrative Counselling)
- Cognitive Behavioural Diploma
- Anger Management Diploma
- Domestic & Family Violence Diploma
- Child Psychology Diploma
- Grief Counselling Diploma
- Cruse Understanding Bereavement Certificate
I have many other certificates & qualifications related to my professional field and these may be seen on request if required.
- May 2006- Sep 2010 Child, Staff and Parent/Family Counsellor Beyton Middle School
- Sep 2010-Aug 2013 in Beyton Middle School Counselling Service Supervisor
- May 2011-Sep 13 Stowmarket Middle School Child & Parent/Family Counsellor
- Sep 2011-Sep 2012 External Verifier, Gt.Yarmouth College, Access to HE Diploma in Counselling.
- Sep 2014-July 2015 Stowmarket Middle School Counselling Service Supervisor
- May 2008- Aug 2018 Head of Counselling & Supervision Services, Women's Aid Centre, Bury St. Edmunds.
- Sep 2008- 2019 Course Director/Lecturer Access to HE Diploma in Counselling, West Suffolk College, Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
- July 2008-Current Child & Adult/Couple Counsellor & Supervisor Private Practice
- Feb 2019- Current Clinical Supervisor West Suffolk Council, Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
If there is an area of difficulty not mentioned here please do not hesitate to ask me if i can help as over the years I have worked with many issues.
Photos & videos
Child Counselling £45
Adult Counselling £45
Clinical Supervision £60
For trainee counsellors requiring counselling or supervision reduced rates are available.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have flexible times available including weekday early evenings.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|