Isabelle Bell MBACP, Dip HE and PGCE
I am an experienced psychodynamic counsellor who is an accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
In addition to running a private practice, I have dedicated the last ten years of my life to training students in counselling, and I have developed several programmes that were validated by University of Surrey and University of Greenwich and accredited by the BACP.
The way I work has evolved over the years but remains mostly based on two principles: “The past can affect the present in ways that are often unconscious to us” and “The way we think affects our emotions and behaviours.” In other words, my main role is to help clients to feel more empowered and more in control by increasing their level of self-awareness. For instance, ways of relating can be identified and sometimes linked to previous experiences. Unhealthy and irrational cognitive patterns can be addressed by exploring new perspectives and by adopting new strategies. All of this takes time, energy and commitment from both parties involved.
I offer short term and open-ended therapy to individuals who are presenting with issues such as depression, anxiety, relationship problems, some forms of addiction, abuse, lack of confidence, low self-esteem, family issues, pregnancy and birth issues, anger, bereavement, unhealthy dynamics in the work place, miscarriage, lack of motivation, suicidal thoughts, hoarding, passive aggressive disorder, attachment issues, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), seasonal affective disorder (SAD), narcissistic personality disorder, and stress.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education from the University of Surrey (PGCE
- Diploma of Higher Education in Psychodynamic Counselling from the Open University (Dip HE in Psychodynamic Counselling)
- Mentor for a Charity Organisation called Rayners whose aim is to support young offenders.
- Fluent French and English.
- Accredited member of BACP Reg. MBACP (Accred)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
Individual counselling sessions: £60.00 for 50min
Training sessions for students: £30.00 per hour
Seminars: Fees are depending on number of hours required and location
I also offer tuition to students on various counselling training programmes and can assist with the BACP personal accreditation process.
I am also able to create and conduct seminars for the professional audiences and the general public tackling issues such as “Early Pregnancy” and “Domestic Violence” in the UK. Other topics can be considered.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|