Henry Strick van Linschoten, UKCP Reg
97 Mortimer Street
10 Cheyne Walk
07795 562277 / 07795 562277
I am a relational psychotherapist and counsellor, working short-term and long-term, face to face and online via Skype / VoIP.
In the beginning there are a lot of choices to make:
- whether to go for psychotherapy at all
- what kind?
- with what framework (e.g. one-to-one, group, psychologist, one person or an organisation)?
- for how long?
- with what goals?
If you know what you want, I will work with that; if not, we can take time to help you decide what you would like to do, and to support you in reviewing the choices you have.
There are some unusual areas that I specialise in. Please see under "Other areas" below if that might be relevant for you. They can perhaps be summarised as: relationship issues and unusual relationship structures; gender and sexual diversity - LGBT and much more; anxiety, fear, PTSD, trauma, dissociation; cultural diversity; forensic / "crime"; somatic / medical-psychological.
I believe that being in psychotherapy should make a difference outside, in the real world, in your life and relationships. Counselling and psychotherapy offer a safe place where you will be listened to, so you can express and reflect on your feelings. That can be an entirely valid “goal” in itself.
The psychotherapy I do is highly individualised – no two therapies of mine are the same. Every person is unique, every set of issues, goals or problems is unique, and every therapy develops in its own special way.
I have lived in a number of countries around the world, and am fluent in English, Dutch and German. Before becoming a psychotherapist I worked in business.
I have have done various kinds of community work with Christians and with Muslims. I have spent eight years engaged in psychotherapy work in the NHS, in a psychiatry department and in a high-security prison.
I hope this gives you enough information to make the step and contact me. You can also browse through my website, which has more information and ideas - www.henrystrick.com
Training, qualifications & experience
- School of Psychotherapy and Counselling Psychology Regent’s College, London (2005 to 2006)
- The Bowlby Centre, London (2006 to 2012).
- Somatic Trauma Therapy training with Babette Rothschild (2007 to 2008)
I am registered with the UKCP as a psychoanalytic psychotherapist.
I have a Masters degree in Development Economics and Statistics from Erasmus University, Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
I believe that my experience in voluntary work, my life experience, my international experience of living in seven different countries, and bringing up my children, also inform and enrich my psychotherapeutic work.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Sexuality and gender; in particular any gender and sexual diversities (LGBT + QIA)
- Issues to do with identity and cultural diversity
- Kink (BDSM)-aware; kink-friendly; positive about sex workers - "sex work is work"
- Any relationship issues; people in alternative relational settings of any kind
- Anxiety and PTSD
- Dissociation, dissociative disorders, dissociative identity disorder (DID)
- Forensic work – people who have been convicted, or who may have committed crimes
- Complex PTSD; combat stress
- The interaction between medical and psychological problems
- Somatic (what used to be called “psychosomatic”) symptoms; medically unexplained symptoms; “somatoform disorders”; somatisation
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
My standard full fee is £85 per hour when seeing one person once a week; for using my once a week office near Oxford Circus, I pass on the cost. I have a limited number of hours available for clients with financial circumstances which justify a lower rate.
For further information please see my website www.henrystrick.com
I work face to face in a consulting room, via Skype and by telephone.
My main office address is 10 Cheyne Walk, Hendon, London NW4 3QJ.
The nearest Underground station is Hendon Central on the Edgware Branch of the Northern Line. This is less than five minutes walk from my practice, as are bus stops of buses 113, 143, 186, 326, 324 and 83.
The nearest overground train station is Hendon. This is a 15 minute walk or a short bus ride (83) and walk away.
For the car and other forms of transport, my house is near to Brent Cross Shopping Centre, and can easily be reached from the A41 or the North Circular Road (A406). Cheyne Walk is near to the start of the M1. There is free parking available right in front of my house, off the road.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Dutch; German|
Types of client