Getting the courage to even contemplate talking through issues causing distress can be incredibly challenging, finding yourself reading this suggests you have taken the first steps along the path to relieve your pain.
Often in our lives, we push away feelings of sadness and unhappiness, telling others that we are 'fine'.
Yet beneath this can be great sadness, fears and worries, issues from our past or challenges from the present, difficulties with relationships, grief, loss, anxiety or anger. Even when we do find this space in relationships it is not unusual to censor the things we say. We sometimes feel unable to share the truth of these feelings with anyone else, even those closest to us, for fear of hurting or upsetting them or being judged if they were to know how we really feel.
I provide a safe, therapeutic space where you will be given time to work through any of the challenges that you face. I work from a humanistic perspective, and with whatever you bring. I will work alongside you to support you to explore your difficulties.
The room I use has good public transport links from Walsall, Brownhills, Bloxwich and surrounding areas. I offer sessions on a Saturday morning and late afternoon/early evening.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Integrated Therapeutic Counselling.
- BACP individual membership
- I have worked in the NHS for 22 years with individuals with complex needs
- I have delivered therapy within NHS services, as a part of the IAPT service. I have supported people through short term therapy in issues such as loss, grief, anxiety, difficulties from childhood, depression, relationship difficulties, and self-esteem, using a variety of interventions
- Safeguarding adults level 2 and 3
- Safeguarding children level 2 and 3
- Information Governance
- PREVENT training
- DBT essentials (IAPT) 3 day course
- CBT; Using CBT interventions (North Warwickshire NHS trust)
- Mindful based cognitive therapy 8 week experiential course (University of Birmingham)
- Speaker at conference workshop; "adapting mindfulness approaches for specialist client groups
- Talking mats training
Please contact me if you would like to know more about how counselling may help you, or to discuss your needs from therapy, or if you would like to make an appointment. I'll be more than happy to discuss this with you.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
Sessions are charged at £45
Concessions are available for students
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Sessions currently available on weekday afternoon, early evening , and Saturday Mornings
Types of client