Getting the courage to even contemplate talking through issues causing distress can be incredibly challenging, finding yourself reading this suggests you have taken the first steps along the path to relieve your pain.
Often in our lives, we push away feelings of sadness and unhappiness, telling others that we are 'fine'.
Yet beneath this can be great sadness, fears and worries, issues from our past or challenges from the present, difficulties with relationships, grief, loss, anxiety or anger. Even when we do find this space in relationships it is not unusual to censor the things we say. We sometimes feel unable to share the truth of these feelings with anyone else, even those closest to us, for fear of hurting or upsetting them or being judged if they were to know how we really feel.
I provide a safe, therapeutic space where you will be given time to work through any of the challenges that you face. I work from a humanistic perspective, and with whatever you bring. I will work alongside you to support you to explore your difficulties.
The room I use has good public transport links from Walsall, Brownhills, Bloxwich and surrounding areas. I offer sessions on a Saturday morning and late afternoon/early evening.
I offer sessions via telephone, remote sessions and face to face
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Integrated Therapeutic Counselling.
- BACP individual membership
- I have worked in the NHS for over 25 years with individuals with complex needs
- I have delivered therapy within NHS services, as a part of the IAPT service. I have supported people through short term therapy in issues such as loss, grief, anxiety, difficulties from childhood, depression, relationship difficulties, and self-esteem, using a variety of interventions
- Safeguarding adults level 2 and 3
- Safeguarding children level 2 and 3
- Information Governance
- PREVENT training
- DBT essentials (IAPT) 3 day course
- CBT; Using CBT interventions (North Warwickshire NHS trust)
- Mindful based cognitive therapy 8 week experiential course (University of Birmingham)
- Speaker at conference workshop; "adapting mindfulness approaches for specialist client groups
- Talking mats training
Please contact me if you would like to know more about how counselling may help you, or to discuss your needs from therapy, or if you would like to make an appointment. I'll be more than happy to discuss this with you.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Sessions are charged at £45
When I work
Sessions currently available on weekday afternoon, early evening , and Saturday Mornings