Getting the courage to even contemplate talking through issues causing distress can be incredibly challenging, finding yourself reading this suggests you have taken the first steps along the path to relieve your pain.
Often in our lives, we push away feelings of sadness and unhappiness, telling others that we are 'fine'.
Yet beneath this can be great sadness, fears and worries, issues from our past or challenges from the present, difficulties with relationships, grief, loss, anxiety or anger. Even when we do find this space in relationships it is not unusual to censor the things we say. We sometimes feel unable to share the truth of these feelings with anyone else, even those closest to us, for fear of hurting or upsetting them or being judged if they were to know how we really feel.
I provide a safe, therapeutic space where you will be given time to work through any of the challenges that you face. I work from a humanistic perspective, and with whatever you bring. I will work alongside you to support you to explore your difficulties.
The room I use has good public transport links from Walsall, Brownhills, Bloxwich and surrounding areas. I offer sessions on a Saturday morning and late afternoon/early evening.
I offer sessions via telephone, remote sessions and face to face
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Integrated Therapeutic Counselling.
- BACP individual membership
- I have worked in the NHS for over 25 years with individuals with complex needs
- I have delivered therapy within NHS services, as a part of the IAPT service. I have supported people through short term therapy in issues such as loss, grief, anxiety, difficulties from childhood, depression, relationship difficulties, and self-esteem, using a variety of interventions
- Safeguarding adults level 2 and 3
- Safeguarding children level 2 and 3
- Information Governance
- PREVENT training
- DBT essentials (IAPT) 3 day course
- CBT; Using CBT interventions (North Warwickshire NHS trust)
- Mindful based cognitive therapy 8 week experiential course (University of Birmingham)
- Speaker at conference workshop; "adapting mindfulness approaches for specialist client groups
- Talking mats training
Please contact me if you would like to know more about how counselling may help you, or to discuss your needs from therapy, or if you would like to make an appointment. I'll be more than happy to discuss this with you.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Sessions currently available on weekday afternoon, early evening , and Saturday Mornings