Counselling is an effective intervention and can be very rewarding and life changing. We will work together within a safe therapeutic environment, to enable you to find the answers you are looking for.
I offer counselling for adults and children over 8 yrs.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Child care and development.
- A levels.
- Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy, Member of BACP.
- Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy, Member of BACP.
- Attend regular clinical supervision in accordance with BACP guidelines and ethics.
- I worked for the organisation Mind in Uttoxeter for 8 enjoyable years, working with a collection of clientele, with individual issues.
- Networking alongside other related professionals, such as GP'S,CPN, School Nurse and Crisis Team etc.
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) techniques, focusing on management and control of behaviour/thinking.
- Couple Counselling.
- I currently counsel young people within a network of middle schools.
- On-going personal development and training.
- Being a parent.
- Life's challenges.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£30 PER SESSION.
My research interests include:
- Couple Counselling
- Autism and aspergers syndrome
- School refusals
- Positive parenting
- Worried children
- Inner child work (recovery from childhood trauma, neglect, abuse)
- Domestic violence
- Anxiety, stress management and depression
- Bipolar disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Eating disorders
- Low self-esteem
- Post natal depression
- Sexual issues