Helen Stone Dip Coun MA MBACP (Accred) MNCS (Accred) PG Dip Psych
I offer individual and bespoke talking therapy through change, crisis, loss, bereavement, relationship and career challenges from a psychospiritual and holistic health perspective.
I am an established Counsellor, accredited with both BACP and NCS, with a background in mentoring and coaching, and I work with clients who really want to uncover meaning from the therapy process and greater understanding about their life that they can take forwards in possibly new directions.
My main interests lie in disordered eating and addictive behaviours, recovery from narcissistic romantic relationships, conflict in families, bullying at work and the debilitating effects of feeling stuck, lost or unable to access choice in your life.
I realise it takes courage to contact a counsellor and I therefore want to offer you the assurance that I take what I do very seriously and abide by the strictest code of ethics.
I find that my clients experience greater self realisation and positive change by working with me over a concentrated period of time but I do offer one off sessions for people to find out more and see if counselling will work for them.
I practice exclusively from my home in the peaceful village of Sandridge, close to the centre of St Albans. There is ample free parking outside the house and my practice room is tucked away on the ground floor, and is a quiet and private space.
Testimonial from a client:
"My experience of Helen's counselling was extremely positive. Helen immediately demonstrated advanced empathy when I was dealing with an upsetting bullying situation which of course resonated with other situations in my past and some of my present life.
I was held through the eye of the storm which was very adept of Helen as I had 'pressure of speech' due to the degree of angst I was feeling. Helen was able to help me make sense of it all and gave me a feeling of strength and worth which I sorely needed. I was left with tools to deal with the future and the knowledge that I could contact her again if it should be necessary and appropriate.
I would not hesitate to recommend Helen if you needed warm yet entirely professional counselling".
Training, qualifications & experience
- Recently awarded PG Diploma in Psychosynthesis Psychology, University of Middlesex
- Accredited Counsellor with BACP, 2017
- Certificate in Eating Disorders, Anorexia and Obesity, National Centre for Eating Disorders, March 2017
- Accredited Counsellor with National Counselling Society, 2017
- Diploma in Psychosynthesis Counselling, 2014 Institute of Psychosynthesis
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling 2010 University of Hertfordshire
- Registered Individual membership with the BACP
- Member of the Association of Psychospiritual Practitioners
- MA in English Lit (Nottm)
- BA in History (Warwick)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Coaching and conscious goal setting
Hoarding and attachment issues
Disordered and erratic eating, issues with body dysmorphia
Photos & videos
Hourly fees from £45. If you require a longer session for any reason, I offer 90 minutes for £60.
Initial reduced rate 45 minute consultation for £35.
I am sometimes able to help with affordability by offering a discount for block-booking and I occasionally offer reduced cost spaces to those in hardship, so please enquire.
Full details of fees on http://www.wayaheadcounselling.co.uk/fees/
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 7pm (please enquire) & occasional Saturday mornings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|