Helen Breakwell MBACP
Helen Breakwell BACS hons, DPS, MBACP
With the current situation you might be feeling more stressed or anxious. If you would like more support with your mental health please get in touch.
Counselling at Wellspring can help:
- Give you the space to talk and explore what you're experiencing in a safe and confidential setting.
- You understand your story, identify the roots of problems and how it's affecting you now.
- Help you find healthy coping strategies that work for you and develop long term ways of looking after your mental health to move forward.
I am a fully qualified counsellor and registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
I offer an integrative approach, this means i'll work with a variety of methods (from creative therapy to cognitive behavioural therapy/CBT) and go at your pace. I try to make sure that all my clients are comfortable, feel listened to and understood.
As well as working professionally with clients for a number of years, I have personal experience of bereavement and adverse life experiences. I understand that life can be tough sometimes and it's important to have support when you're experiencing change.
I believe that talking therapies and making steps to improve your mental health, can make a big difference to your life now and in the future.
Get in touch, i'm happy to answer any questions you might have.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have worked with clients on issues including abuse, anxiety, bereavement, depression, family issues, health problems, loss, low self-confidence, relationships, stress and trauma. I also work with workplaces to support employees with their mental health and with students and young people. Before setting up the therapy practice, I saw clients in a not-for-profit counselling agency and for Cruse Bereavement Care.
Professional training and membership
I have a Counselling Diploma in Professional Studies (BACP accredited) and a Certificate in Counselling from the University of the West of England, Bristol. I am a registered member of BACP. I have an enhanced DBS certificate - working with children and adults, clinical supervision, liability insurance and am committed to ongoing professional development.
I completed additional training to work with young people aged 11 and over - Counselling for Young People (from the University of the West of England).
Other training includes:
- Awareness in Bereavement Care [Ascentis Qualification with Cruse]
- Addressing postnatal depression as a healthcare professional [University of Exeter]
- Children and mental health [MindEd]
- Good brain, bad brain: Neuroscience basics [University of Birmingham]
- Parenting and personality dysfunction: affects of adverse childhood experiences [Nscience UK]
- Risk and substance abuse [Marches Counselling Service]
- Trauma informed training working with people with learning disabilities and autism [Respond]
- Understanding depression and low mood in young people [University of Reading]
- Working with mental health in the workplace [BACP Conference, Leeds]
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
The charge is £45 for a 50 minute session (usually regular weekly). There are some lower cost sessions available, please ask.
Pay by card, cash or BACS (in advance).
I am based in:
- Malvern (parking available, public transport).
What to expect
If you'd like to talk through any questions you have before starting therapy, i'm happy to provide a free phone consultation. In your first session I will ask you for some brief details (for GDPR) and then you can start to share your story.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
- Malvern on Monday (evening sessions available) and Friday
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|