Helen Breakwell MBACP
Helen Breakwell BACS hons, DPS, MBACP
I am a fully qualified integrative counsellor. This means i'll work with a variety of methods and go at your pace. I try to make sure that all my clients are comfortable, feel listened to and understood.
Get in touch, i'm happy to answer any questions you might have.
Counselling at Wellspring can help:
- Give you the space to talk and explore what you're experiencing in a safe and confidential setting.
- Support you through times when you might be struggling.
- You understand your story, identify the roots of problems and how it's affecting you now.
Training, qualifications & experience
Before setting up my therapy practice, I worked for a counselling agency in Hereford and for Cruse (a national bereavement charity). I have worked with clients for a number of years with issues including abuse, anxiety, depression, loss, low self-confidence, relationships, stress and trauma.
I worked in the charity sector for 18 years, including working directly with people affected by cancer for over 12 years for cancer research.
As well as completing training over four years and working professionally with clients, I have personal experience of close bereavement and adverse life experiences. So I understand that life can be tough sometimes and psychological therapies can make a big difference now and in the future.
Professional training and membership
I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and uphold its ethical framework.
I have a Counselling Diploma in Professional Studies (BACP accredited, with core training in person-centred, psychodynamic and gestalt) and a Certificate in Counselling from the University of the West of England, Bristol.
Additional training includes:
- Awareness in Bereavement Care [Ascentis Qualification with Cruse]
- Addressing postnatal depression as a healthcare professional [University of Exeter]
- Counselling skills for children and young people [University of the West of England]
- Parenting and personality dysfunction (adverse childhood experiences) [nscience UK]
- Working with mental health in the workplace [BACP]
I also have regular clinical supervision, liability insurance, ongoing professional development and contribute to mental health research.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
The charge is £45 for a 50 minute session (usually regular weekly). There are some lower cost sessions available, please ask.
Pay by card, cash or BACS (in advance).
I am based in:
- Hereford (city centre, which is accessible by car, train, buses or walking if you're nearby).
- Malvern (parking available).
- Worcester (city centre, which is accessible by public transport or walking if you're nearby).
What to expect
In your first session I will ask you for some brief details and you can start to share your story. This will give you the chance to see what it’s like and talk through any questions you might have, including how many sessions you’d like.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Some evening sessions available in Malvern.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|