Graham Wise. MBPC & Reg MBACP (Accred)
Private Consulting Room
07503478228 / 07503478228
Life and relationships can feel difficult or confusing for all sorts of reasons. Sometimes it can be very hard to make sense of your experiences or symptoms like depression and anxiety without professional help. Psychotherapy can help to develop an understanding of why things are the way they are, with the aim of helping you to find new ways of coping from the inside and to be able to get on with your life and relationships more freely.
I work with people from all walks of life with a wide range of difficulties and aspirations. I currently see patients privately and in the NHS.
I am a psychodynamic psychotherapist and registered member of the British Psychoanalytic Council, MBPC. I am a member of the Tavistock Society of Psychotherapists. I am also a registered accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, Reg.MBACP (Accred).
I am also an approved BUPA provider for psychodynamic psychotherapy and DIT.
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualifying Training in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy and Inter-cultural Psychodynamic Psychotherapy. Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust. Accredited by British Psychoanalytic Council.
Clinical M.A. Foundations in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy- Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust & University of Essex- 2009.
BSc (hons) Specialist Practitioner in Mental Health
Core Mental Health Training 1991-94
I have worked in NHS mental health services since 1991. I am a senior psychodynamic psychotherapist and clinical supervisor within psychological services Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust. I provide treatment for persistent depression and anxiety, complex needs and for those seeking help following emotional and sexual abuse. I have also worked as a psychotherapist in Berkshire NHS personality disorders service from 2005 - 2010, honorary psychotherapist at the NHS Isis Centre in Oxford 2011- 2013 and at the Tavistock Centre in London from 2007 - 2015.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Initial consultation fee is £50 for each session.The ongoing fee for psychotherapy will be discussed within the consultation process.
Quite often people feel a time limited treatment hasn't been long enough to adequately work-through or understand their emotional and psychological problems. This can cause unrealistic expectations along with feeling lost and misunderstood. Psychodynamic Psychotherapy is a substantial in-depth treatment which can help you to develop your thinking and a deeper understanding of your life and relationships so that change can take place.
Formal psychotherapy may also be considered if you are struggling with the following or similar difficulties in your life:
- Persistent depression
- Feelings of emptiness or dread or boredom
- Relationship difficulties
- Loss or bereavement that feels increasingly more difficult to cope with as time goes by
- Anxiety, panic attacks, physical restlessness
- Constant rumination or chatter in the mind and unwanted thoughts
- Difficulties in understanding your thoughts and feelings with the arrival of a new baby, or post natal depression
- Sleep problems which may include insomnia or nightmares or night terrors
- Addictive relationships with alcohol, drugs, pain killers, sex, internet use, gambling and over eating
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Currently I do not have any vacancies.
Types of client