Gabrielle Ereira-Guyer ( M.A.) UKCP. HCPC reg Arts Psychotherapist.
St Andrews Castle
The Active Business Centre
33, St Andrews St South
Bury St. Edmunds
The Bath House
I am a UKCP accredited Clinical Psychotherapist and HCPC registered Integrative Arts Psychotherapist working with adults and young people.
People come to Arts Psychotherapy with a wide range of issues including anxiety, depression, relationship and family issues and just feeling stuck in their lives.
Knowledgeable about human development, psychological theories, clinical practice, spiritual, multicultural and artistic traditions, and the healing potential of art and psychotherapy I offer ........
Confidentiality and Support
I offer a confidential, non-judgmental and safe space for you to reflect on your life and support your journey to meaning, supporting the freedom to change and imagine, and an opportunity to become who you want to be.
Combining a range of psychotherapeutic theories with empathy and an understanding of the psychological aspects of the creative process, I will listen, accept, explore and work creatively with you, your feelings and beliefs.
Working with words, metaphor, image and symbol, connecting mind and body, the work is molded to meet the needs of each unique individual client.
Improved awareness and confidence
Art Psychotherapy improves wellbeing, awareness, self-confidence and coping skills; it increases cognitive function and can reduce anxiety and depression.You do not need artistic ability or experience and sometimes entire sessions can use words alone.
Using the arts activates the imagination; it helps you to access your unconscious mind. The art shows you new possibilities and supports growth and healing, providing you with a chance to make conscious choices in your life.
Expression and Neuroscience
When words are not enough, the arts help express many meanings at once. Art making can be soothing and satisfying, it can help you to get in touch with feelings and memories. From a neurological perspective, working beyond words, with the creative process activates far more of our mental capacity.
Arts media you may use include: Paints, pastels, charcoal, pencils, clay and sculpture, sandtray, collage, postcards, poetry, drama, puppets, working with dreams, bodywork/movement and music.
- As a qualified psychotherapist, I undertake regular supervision. This is integral to my work and is a place to reflect on what we do and to ensure the relevance, quality and integrity of our work.
- Art Psychotherapist is a professional title protected by law to ensure high standards of proficiency. HCPC registration -http://www.hcpc-uk.org/assets/documents/100004fbstandards_of_proficiency_arts_therapists.pdf
Clients have reported the benefits of Therapy include
improved personal insight and understanding of emotions, improved exploration and expression of feelings and problems, improved confidence, coping strategies/techniques, improved personal relationships, improved wellbeing and day to day functioning, improved control, planning and decision making.
Training, qualifications & experience
- M.A. Integrative Arts Psychotherapy. Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education. IATE
- Certificate in Counselling Skills :
- Advanced Diploma in the therapeutic and educational application of the arts.
Continuing Professional Development
Recent Courses are:
- The Body in the Mind and the Mind in the Body. Gillie Gilbert:Centre for Biodynamic Psychotherapy. N19.
Embodied Approaches to Psychotherapy. Confer online (2017-2018)
Landscapes of Grief. Julia Samuels. Confer. (July 2017)
Eco-Psychotherapy London Wetlands Centre. Confer. (March 2017)
Psychotherapeutic work with Intergenerational trauma. Feb 2017)
- Resolving clinical dilemmas in Therapy: Susie Orbach (January 2017)
- Psychotherapy and the Natural World: Confer. (November 2016)
- When words are not enough: Dance, drama and music in the treatment and transformation of trauma. Confer. (October 2016)
- Jungian Sandtray Training Day: Sue Chapman. (October 2016)
- Mindful Self Compassion: London Mindful Practitioners Group (September 2016)
- Clinical Implications and Applications of the Adult Attachment Interview with Dan Siegel: PESI online training (July 2016)
- Spring Psychoanalytic Poetry Festival 2016: The Freud Museum and The Poetry Society. (March 2016)
- Claire Marie Collins (October 2015)
- Painting from the imagination: (August 2015)
- Lead like a river, make a difference in the world: a mind and body journey in the High Atlas Mountains of Morocco using Nature as your teacher. (July 2015)
- The Body keeps the Score. Mind, Brain and Body in the transformation of trauma: Bessel Van der Kolk. CCMH. (May 2015)
- The neuroscience of our emotional lives: Jaak Panksepp. CCMH. (April 2015)
- NICABM trauma and mindfulness.
- Child development conference with Graham Music.
- BAAT Attachment and the Arts Conference June 2014
- CAAT (Children's Accelerated Trauma Treatment) training to level 2.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
You can contact me for an initial consultation session for which I charge £55. In this session we will discuss your reasons for wanting therapy, the length and frequency of our sessions, the fees and we can get a feeling for working together.
(negotiable fees for students and low income)
Some concessions and reduced rate packages are available - You may be eligible for reduced rate fees, please see The Golden Yew Project CIC website - www.thegoldenyewproject.org
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have availability in Cambridge on Tuesdays and in Central Bury St Edmunds (with free parking) on Wednesdays and Thursdays. email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a consultation
Types of client