Francesca Medhurst MA MSc Psychotherapist MBACP
Hello and welcome to my page, please allow me to introduce myself.
My name is Francesca and I am a qualified existential analytic psychotherapist and counsellor working within the beautiful city of Canterbury. I know how difficult it can be to find yourself on a page such as this from personal experience however, speaking from this experience, seeking therapy might just be one of the most beneficial things you could ever do for yourself.
Counselling provides a safe and confidential place in which we can explore problems or issues that might be affecting you, your relationships with others or your life in a wider sense.
My aim is to create a space in which you feel able to confide and trust in our ability to examine the areas of your life that you may be unhappy or dissatisfied with and look for solutions to these. My belief is that the relationship and respect created between us is an invaluable element to the process and progression of your therapy and this is always at the heart of our work together.
As a practitioner I am fully aware that it can be intimidating to take that first step towards counselling, particularly if you are dealing with overpowering and difficult emotions. However, I do wholeheartedly believe that when you make that courageous move towards therapy, you are moving towards a greater understanding of yourself, your relationships and your past experiences.
If you are feeling as though something is getting in the way of your happiness and success, do not hesitate to get in touch and we can see how we might work together towards a solution.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications:
- MSc in Counselling and Psychotherapy - University of Roehampton
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy - University of Roehampton
- Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy - University of Roehampton
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- MA in the Arts - University of Kent
- BA in the Arts - University of Kent
Continued Professional Development
- Note-taking and Data Protection
- Motivational Interviewing
- Working with Disordered Eating
- Canterbury Community Counselling Service
- Turning Point ( Alcohol and Drug Addiction Rehabilitation Services)
- NHS Kent and Medway Trust, Older Adults Psychology Department
- Mental Health Support Worker
- Care work
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I additionally work with clients for whom fear of rejection and abandonment are negatively affecting their relationships as well as clients coping with extreme stress, both personal and/ or as a result of a career.
Fees range between £40 and £60 for individual assessments and sessions.*
Skype, Telephone and E-counselling are also available.
For more information on these services please contact me and we can discuss your needs.
*I offer concessions for those on low incomes and students as I believe therapy should be available to everyone.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||English, German, French, Luxembourgish|
Flexible sessions available on: Weekdays, Evenings & Saturdays.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|