David Hoskins MSc Integrative Psychotherapy, BSc (Hons) Addictions Counselling
"It is a joy to be hidden, and a disaster not to be found" (D.W. Winnicott)
I am an experienced Integrative Psychotherapist and Addictions Counsellor offering confidential treatment in Stratford Upon Avon.
I offer a relationally warm therapeutic presence and would describe my style as attuned, responsive and supportive.
I understand, respect and embrace peoples individuality and uniqueness, therefore i take special care in offering individualised treatment to meet the needs of each client.
I work from a relational framework as i understand the need for relationships as a primary motivation and drive in human beings.
I have a wealth of experience and knowledge in treating various addictions and understand addiction to be a self destructive strategy that is often used to medicate, manage, sooth, comfort and anaesthetise deeper Relational/Developmental issues.
I have worked in many well respected Residential Treatment Programmes both in the UK and overseas where i have held numerous Senior positions.
I work with a wide range of emotional, psychological and relational problems and offer a confidential, safe and supportive environment to discuss and explore personal issues.
I am experienced and skilled in working with various presentations of trauma and offer a clinically effective and ethical approach when working with the integration of past traumatic experiences.
I integrate a body focused approach into my practice as i understand trauma to be an embodied process where past traumatic events can often be experienced for years as distressing physiological symptoms. Therefore working with the embodied physiological symptoms of trauma is essential in moving towards the integration of past traumatic experiences and in healing past relational wounds.
I work with a wide range of presenting problems including:
- Attachment Disorders.
- Personality Disorders.
- Eating Disorders.
- Addiction (s).
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorders.
- Anxiety Disorders.
- Panic Attacks.
- Grief & Loss.
- Relationship Difficulties.
- Personal Development.
Training, qualifications & experience
- FDSc Addictions Counselling: University of Bath (CATS)
- BSc (Hons) Addictions Counselling: University of Bath (CATS)
- MSc Integrative Psychotherapy: Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute (SPTI)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Addictions Counselling
- Addictions Treatment
- Alcoholism Treatment
- Sober Escort
- Sober Companion
- Recovery Coaching
- Rehab Advice
- Referral to Residential Treatment
- Aftercare services
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays (Day & Evening) Weekends (Day & Evening)
Types of client