Dr Daniela Hecht CPsychol
Primrose Hill Practice
Are you looking for someone to talk to but wonder what it will be like to tell someone you don't know about things that worry you and possibly cause you anxiety? Are you wondering about your relationships, about the dynamics, the love you feel or do not feel, trust and safety?
I promise that within the safe and confidential boundaries of a therapeutic encounter I offer the opportunity to discuss and explore your feelings and help raise awareness of what it means to be 'you', both within relationships and on your own.
Together we will explore what it means for you to exist in this world, look at and identify fears and anxieties and work together to overcome them. I am here to help you to investigate personal beliefs, values, hopes and dreams and assist you in coming to terms with a past that is carried into the present. On having gained a more thorough understanding I aim to help to build a future that is filled with personal meaning and more clarity when it comes to how you feel and who you are.
We will look at how you have come to find yourself where you are- right now- and to raise awareness to the idea that you are in a constant process of becoming, ever changing, but always in relation. Within the therapeutic encounter we will work together on discovering new ways of relating in the world and to raise awareness to the possibility of both change, choice and taking responsibility and to give you ways that help you identify and challenge the difficulties you have experienced.
As a psychological therapist I am here to help and accompany you on your journey and I believe that within the safe and confidential boundaries of a therapeutic encounter I am able to offer you the opportunity to help raise awareness of what it means to be 'you'.
Through finding a better understanding of yourself and how you both exist and relate in the world with others, you will be able to enhance existing and build healthy relationships in the future.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am a chartered Counselling Psychologist (CPsychol), accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) and a registered Practitioner Psychologist with the Health Care and Professions Council (HCPC)
- My doctorate was a qualitative study on the personal experience of recovery of six former drug addicts using Interpretative Phenomenological Analysis (IPA)
- Member of the Division of Counselling Psychology (DCoP) with the BPS
- In my private practice I currently work predominantly with issues around relationships, intimacy, betrayal, separation and divorce, anxiety, loneliness and isolation, family issues, mental and physical abuse, self-esteem, depression and more general feelings of sadness and unease around existence
- As an honorary counselling psychologist I had the opportunity to work with a charity in East London where I saw both long- and short term clients from all walks of life from the age of 20-65, with a variety of presenting issues, ranging from anxiety, depression, sexuality, bereavement and loss, eating/body image, abuse, drugs and alcohol issues to social isolation, low self esteem and a lack of sense of meaning (Claremont, 2010-2012)
- It was there that I also facilitated a Psychotherapy group for people aged 55+ for a year, as with the individual clients within an existential- phenomenological setting
- Unlike most substance use related therapies, I had the opportunity to work with recovering drug users in an existential phenomenological setting as part of their recovery treatment. The work I did and the struggles faced by my clients inspired me to write my doctorate thesis on the personal experience of recovery (Lifeline UK, 2011-2012)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
To book an appointment, please call, or contact me via email.
- weekly sessions will be set at £85
- limited spaces for student concessions and low income clients are available
- I hold a Professional personal and civil indemnity insurance and abide by and practice according to the ethical and good practice guidance of the BPS and HCPC
*Cancellations will be charged at the full fee unless 24hours notice is given.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
day time availability: Fridays; evening availability: Mondays through Fridays
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training