Dr Daniela Hecht CPsychol AFBPsS
Primrose Hill Practice
4 Staples Inn
Are you looking for someone to talk to but wonder what it will be like to tell someone you don't know about things that worry you and possibly cause you anxiety? Are you wondering about your relationships, about the dynamics, the love you feel or do not feel, trust and safety?
I promise that within the safe and confidential boundaries of a therapeutic encounter I offer the opportunity to discuss and explore your feelings and help raise awareness of what it means to be 'you', both within relationships and on your own.
Together we will explore what it means for you to exist in this world, look at and identify fears and anxieties and work together to overcome them. I am here to help you to investigate personal beliefs, values, hopes and dreams and assist you in coming to terms with a past that is carried into the present. On having gained a more thorough understanding I aim to help to build a future that is filled with personal meaning and more clarity when it comes to how you feel and who you are.
We will look at how you have come to find yourself where you are- right now- and to raise awareness to the idea that you are in a constant process of becoming, ever changing, but always in relation. Within the therapeutic encounter we will work together on discovering new ways of relating in the world and to raise awareness to the possibility of both change, choice and taking responsibility and to give you ways that help you identify and challenge the difficulties you have experienced.
As a counselling psychologist I am here to help and accompany you on your journey and I believe that within the safe and confidential boundaries of a therapeutic encounter I am able to offer you the opportunity to help raise awareness of what it means to be 'you'.
Through finding a better understanding of yourself and how you both exist and relate in the world with others, you will be able to enhance existing and build healthy relationships in the future.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am a chartered Counselling Psychologist (CPsychol) and Associate Fellow (AFBPsS), accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS), and a registered Practitioner Psychologist with the Health Care and Professions Council (HCPC)
- My doctorate was a qualitative study on the personal experience of recovery of six former drug addicts using Interpretative Phenomenological Analysis (IPA)
- Member of the Division of Counselling Psychology (DCoP) with the BPS
- Member of the Society of Existential Analysis
In my practice in Primrose Hill I currently work predominantly with issues around relationships, intimacy, anxiety, loneliness and isolation, self-esteem, depression, body image and eating disorders, stress and burn-out and a more general unease around existence.
As a consultant and psychologist in the city, I tend to work a lot with stress, burn-out and how to manage and find a work-life balance, relationships and intimacy as well as addiction, anger and compulsivity. I prepare and run workshops and give talks on well-being, stress management, relationships, resilience, self-esteem and over-connectivity in the digital realm.
I provide clinical supervision and research mentoring for students and provide research supervision on a freelance basis.
- As a psychological therapist I had the opportunity to work with a charity in East London where I saw both long- and short term clients from all walks of life from the age of 20-65, with a variety of presenting issues, ranging from anxiety, depression, sexuality, bereavement and loss, eating/body image, abuse, drugs and alcohol issues to social isolation, low self esteem and a lack of sense of meaning (Claremont, 2010-2012)
- It was there that I also facilitated a Psychotherapy group for people aged 55+ for a year, as with the individual clients within an existential- phenomenological setting
- Unlike most substance use related therapies, I had the opportunity to work with recovering drug users in an existential phenomenological setting as part of their recovery treatment. The work I did and the struggles faced by my clients inspired me to write my doctorate thesis on the personal experience of recovery (Lifeline UK, 2011-2012)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
To book an appointment, please call, or contact me via email.
- weekly sessions will be set at £90 in my Primrose Hill Practice and £100 in Chancery Lane
- I am registered practitioner with most healthcare providers (AXA, Aviva, Healix, WPA, Cigna, Vitality)
- I hold a Professional personal and civil indemnity insurance and abide by and practice according to the ethical and good practice guidance of the BPS and HCPC
*Cancellations will be charged at the full fee unless 48hours notice is given.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Both practices are within a 3-5min walk from tube stations (Northern and Central Line)
Monday- Friday daytime and evenings
Types of client
Supervision & training