Claire Mcritchie Registered Member BACP (Accred). PGDip.
If you sometimes feel lost Misunderstood–despite trying to explain? If you hide your feelings from the world and try to get through. Or, if you tell yourself to just get on with things, but find it difficult to get out of bed some days. Maybe life around you is changing but you feel stuck. Sometimes your feelings might lead to anxiety, lack of confidence and self-worth, perhaps even depression. Perhaps sometimes you question your role in life and struggle to find the answer?
If any of the above sounds familiar, then we can work together to understand the overwhelming feelings that can sometimes feel debilitating, and begin to untangle the thoughts and feelings until you once again feel in control of your life.
I work via Skype and offer a free 15 minute meeting so you can get a `feel`for the session. Everyone who has taken up this offer has gone on to book sessions and on-line sessions are now proven across the world to be just as effective as face-to-face sessions.
Please contact me to book your session and take the first step to being free from emotional and mental strain.
I offer a choice of ON-LINE therapies which include: psychodynamic psychotherapy/counselling, analytical hypnotherapy and solution focused and cognitive hypnotherapy and I specialise in helping people overcome emotional eating and those experiencing anxiety.
I have included information below about the positive outcomes that on-line therapy has in comparison to face to face sessions.
Articles about online counselling:
The Within Reach Accountability Diet Coaching Programme: Taking control of your eating.
Does it feel like your eating habits are out of control?
Are you eating even when you are not hungry?
Do your emotions sometimes control what you eat?
Do you want to regain control?
The WithinReach Accountability Programme can help you overcome your disordered eating and take back control.
Uncontrolled eating, obsessive eating, out of control eating, binge eating - no matter the label are all signs of disorded eating which has it`s roots in emotional triggers.
Disordered eating is slowly being recognised as a form of addiction - a compulsion that cannot be controlled.
The programme will identify your Disordered Eating scale, identify what your emotional triggers might be and includes exercises designed to slow down and challenge your impulsive Eat Response
It is a habit that is difficult to break, but with our programme, you will begin to take back that control - which means learning and understanding you triggers and taking accountability for the habit - by doing this, you are not running away from food in fear, you are no longer restricting calories or banning certain foods, you are not crash dieting, your weight is no-longer yo-yo-ing - because you are accountable and in control.
Hit the reset button on your eatings habits and take control back.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT ON YOUR PROGRAMME
- An evaluation of your current eating habits and an assessment of the emotional triggers that prompt eating.
- A new KICK START eating plan. This is not a diet. This a plan to help kick start your new approach to food and to wipe the slate clean.
- Habit breaking mindful eating exercises to support the new Kick Start approach.
- Therapy and mindfulness sessions to help you begin to understand and undo the emotional triggers that `control` your eating.
- Visualisation exercises to keep you motivated and on track.
- The plan does not ask you weigh yourself. You will be advised to take measurements weekly, and to identify an item of clothing that does not currently fit – these will be your motivations.
- Optional hypnotherapy audios – these are not generic but are written for you using the work we do together as a guide to what will optimise your programme.
- Above all you will have contact with an Accountability Coach who will motivate you to keep on top of your progress.
This programme is not an easy solution, so please be sure that you are ready for the journey. You will be asked to look at food history and emotional triggers and to really uncover the `reasons`behind your eating habits.
You will have weekly therapy sessions where you can discuss the impact of the programme, you will also have contact every day with your therapist and coach, via telephone, to àccount`for your day. This accountability aspect, really helps to keep you motivated and determined.
The programme is booked as a 5 week Kick-Start programme.
Comments from previous programme participants:
“it has all finally clicked and I now have a normal relationship with food. I don’t have to diet anymore.”
“as if by magic my need to have chocolate and cakes has gone!”
“I understand now the hole I was trying to fill with food, and I don’t need to fill it.”
"I don`t even feel the urge to buy ice-cream anymore."
Training, qualifications & experience
University Certificate Integrative Counselling.
Post Graduate Diploma Psychodynamic Counselling.
Dip Solution Focused Brief Hypnotherapy.
Dip Solution Focused Brief Therapy.
Certificate in Coaching.
Cert Group Therapy Tools
Member of BACP Counselling Childrens and Young People Division.
Member National Council for Hypnotherapy.
Member Association for Professional Hypnosis and Psychotherapy.
I have experience in working in a secondary care NHS psychotherapy supporting clients in the following area:
- Couples / relationship issues
- Relationship / couples counselling
- Low self-confidence.
- Relationship issues
- Eating disorders.
- weight control
- Anxiety relief
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder.
- Young persons counselling.
- Phobia control.
- Survivors of sexual abuse.
- Surviving miscarriage and infertility.
- Diet coaching
- Diet counselling
- Pre-nuptial counselling.
- Post traumatic stress disorder.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Articles and advice about mental health and relationships:
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
Photos & videos
- Counselling psychotherapy sessions £40 per session
- Accountability Coaching Programme x 5 weeks = £450
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Flexible availability including evenings and Saturdays. Please contact me
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|