Beccy Lindsay Verified Professional Verified Professional
Verified Professional

Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.

Accredited & Registered BACP, UKCP Post-Graduate Dip, CRUSE Accred

About me

I am an experienced, BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) Accredited Counsellor for individuals and couples in East Sheen London SW14. Offering counselling and therapy for individuals and couples in the Richmond area, I have been offering affordable support in South West London for more than fifteen years. I work in a relaxed conversational way.

At an initial session, you will be able to tell me about your reasons for coming to counselling and we will talk about the help you would like to get. An introductory session is a way to think about the changes you would like to make and find out what it is like to have a counselling session. Usually clients say that it is a relief to talk about what is on their minds and turn to counselling expertise for help.

If your issues seem to be repeating, or the new difficulties of this period are isolating and distressing, I encourage you to share your situation in counselling for confidential professional guidance.

If you suffer from Anxiety or Depression then this may have been intensified during the virus Lockdown and in the way that Covid 19 continues to bring so many kinds of loss and make the future so uncertain. Anxious and Depressed feelings can be lonely and frightening and mean that you feel very alone. It can effect your energy to do things and make new opportunities happen for yourself. You may find you keep your feelings of panic or lethargy a secret or that others can't understand what it's like for you. When you feel overwhelmed it helps to share and talk about this in counselling and get professional help.

Living in a difficult or abusive relationship may also have been intensified and more unsafe during this virus period.This can apply in a couple relationship or if you are in a family or household situation that is very upsetting. For the moment, your ways of getting space from others in the house, is more limited than it may ever have been. If so, this is a good time to have experienced support in counselling.

I now offer online video or in person sessions. If you are not comfortable to use video link with me from your house, you can phone me instead, with or without camera. In person sessions (my counselling room is Covid-secure) are now available again. Video link or address details provided on your initial enquiry.

How I can help:

We begin with meeting for a 55 minute introductory session where you talk about your reasons for coming to therapy and what you would like from having it. To start with you may decide from week to week if you want a further session; after a couple of sessions, if you choose to continue, I will recommend short term or longer term counselling, but it will depend on what works for you.

We'll look at the coping strategies that you use; where they keep you stuck and where they are still useful to you. We'll work through these so that you can stop repeating in a way that harms you and help you to surface from these patterns. In our search, we'll find out about your childhood experiences and how they still weigh on you, holding you back from progressing and having the life that you hope for. My way of working is Integrative; I combine training which is psychoanalytic and relational and work in a person-centred way. Although we talk about you, my style is friendly and conversational. We'll explore the issues on your mind and your goals to make changes in your life.

My areas of training and experience include:

- anxiety
- panic attacks
- relationship issues
- depression
- bullying                                                                                              --      - - trauma
- abuse (verbal, emotional, physical and/or sexual)
- making life-changing decisions
- loss and bereavement
- relationship crises
- diversity and cultural difference
- dissociation
- self-harm
- eating disorders
- post traumatic stress disorder

- paranoia

                                                                                          - --

How do I start?

The first step is to email me or call me and I will offer you an introductory session. In the introduction, we can talk about how I can help, and how you would like to take counselling forward. You may be bringing a specific problem or several difficulties that you feel that you can't overcome and you can't or don't want to cope alone with them anymore; we would talk these over in your introductory session.

Many of my clients have just taken it one session at a time for a bit, checking that they feel comfortable and motivated to continue. Some clients only want a few sessions to talk issues over, other want to do a specific set of sessions or more. In itself, deciding to have counselling is progress. You can expect to find it a relief to have someone to talk problems over with in a safe place. If you recognise any of your issues in what you have been reading, I encourage you to reach out for the counselling support that I offer.

Training, qualifications & experience

Professional Affiliations

- Accredited & Registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Full clinical member of the UPCA (Universities Psychotherapy and Counselling Association)
- NHS Moorfields Nurses Counselling Network
- Accredited by CRUSE Bereavement Care
- Working with Auditory Processing disorder and sight loss- Richmond Education


- UKCP accredited Post-Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy
- London Marriage Guidance Council Psychodynamic Relationship Training 
- Accredited CRUSE Training in Bereavement and Loss
- BA(Hons) Psychology and Human Behaviour

Specialist training

- Specialist experience in post traumatic stress disorder
- Specialist experience with Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Specialist experience with physical and emotional and sexual abuse
- Specialist experience with eating disorders
- Training and experience in working with Auditory Processing Disorder

Additional information

- Professional liability insurance
- ICO membership
- Maintaining regular supervision and professional development training

Member organisations

Registered / Accredited

Registered / Accredited

Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.


British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)

BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).

Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).

Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.

Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.

All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.

Accredited register membership

British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy

Accredited Register Scheme

The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).

This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.

British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy

Other areas of counselling I deal with

- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Dissociation
- Eating disorders
- Career, business and workplace issues.
- Bereavement counselling
- Physical, sexual and verbal abuse.
- Bullying at school, at home and in the workplace.
- Self-harming



£65.00 per session

Concessions offered for

  • Low income
  • Keyworkers
  • OAPs
  • Students
  • Trainee counsellors
  • Unemployed

Additional information

  • Introductory sessions for individuals are £55, for couples £60 or discretionary rates.

  • Sessions thereafter cost £65 for individuals, and £70 for couples. (50 minutes)

  • Concessions negotiable, please contact to discuss.

When I work

Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Currently weekdays and evenings. I practice in Richmond/East Sheen Counselling in a pleasant residential setting, with its own entrance and near Upper Richmond Road SW14

Further information

Short-term or long-term counselling?

You don't have to decide straightaway. Many of my clients come to counselling and play it by ear until a natural pace to the work establishes and they feel what is right for them.

Short-term counselling offers the chance to focus on a specific issue and alleviate the selected target area. We work more in the present than in the past, noticing the triggers that disrupt everyday experiences or set off difficult symptoms.

In longer term counselling, the trust we establish allows us to understand what is happening to you. By becoming aware of the causes of your symptoms, counselling can adjust your responses until you feel more self-esteem and are able to manage situations that usually 'snag' you.

Should I choose individual or couple counselling?

Individual counselling can help with a wide range of difficult situations and problems. You may have historical issues or an addiction or repeating relationship issues. You may be suffering from depression and/or anxiety or not know how to name what is upsetting you. You may feel that you urgently need help or you may feel worried or frightened that your life is spiraling out of control. This range of distress is addressed in individual counselling.

If you come for couple counselling, we would look to see which repeated patterns between you cause arguments. If your relationship is at a crisis point, then the presence of a counsellor can help you each to feel listened to and to voice your side of the difficulties, as we work towards a new understanding. It can be much more productive and safer to have a mediating presence guiding you both through, as you take risks in what you say, in order to save or heal your relationship. (Or look for a healthy ending if that is what you want to agree on). However you both see the future, I will help you to feel heard and understood in the session.

Location and Travel

Currently my practice  is once again, a choice between sessions in person or on video link ( or by phone call. In person sessions are in a pleasant private residence in East Sheen / Richmond. The roads in the vicinity have unrestricted parking. It is within easy reach of Richmond, Barnes and Mortlake stations. Bus routes include 33, 337 & 419 & 493.

My website address is at the top of this page, or find me at

East Sheen/Richmond Counselling, London, SW14

Type of session

In person

Types of client

Young people
Older adults

Key details

Wheelchair user access

Wheelchair user access

Wheelchair-accessible premises should have step-free access for wheelchair users and individuals who are unable to climb stairs. If a Counsellor's premises aren't step-free, they may offer alternative services such as telephone/web-based appointments, home visits, or meeting clients in different location, so you can choose the option that suits you best.

You can contact the Counsellor to discuss the options available.

Under the Equality Act 2010 service providers have a duty to make reasonable adjustments to ensure that individuals with disabilities can access their service. You can read more about reasonable adjustments to help you to access services on the CAB website.

My counselling room has wheelchair acess. For online video sessions, you will not need to register for a the service. I will email you a link which you can just click on at your session time.

Online platforms