Life has a way of taking us down some pretty rough roads at times, and it can make us feel alone, anxious, angry, confused...all sorts of emotions, that when left can build and bring us down even further. Sometimes we can feel overwhelmed by our emotions maybe because of things that happened to us in our past: sadness, depression, anxiety or anger all of these can interfere with our enjoyment of life, cause problems in our relationships and keep us stuck. Breath, you are not alone. Sometimes you just need someone to hear you. I’m here to listen and assist you with the issues you are experiencing I have a passion for helping people learn to cope with and overcome the issues that are hindering their lives. It can be daunting to reach out, but that is where I can help you.
I am an integrative counsellor, which means I am able to draw upon lots of different therapeutic models to help you in the best way I can.
Having worked with a wide range of client difficulties I strongly believe that Counselling & Psychotherapy can help individuals understand and work through painful and overwhelming issues.
The first meeting will give you the chance to talk about the difficulties and concerns you are experiencing (past or present) by the end of this session you will be better informed about counselling, how it works and if counselling is for you at this time.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 5 Diploma in Counselling Children and Adolescence
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Autism Awareness Diploma
- Level 3 Child Psychology Diploma
- Level 2, 3, 4 The Complete SEND Diploma
- Anti-Bullying and Bullying Prevention Diploma
I have also completed courses in:
- Substance Misuse
- Working with Trauma
- Working with Loss and Bereavement
- Understanding Anxiety
- Understanding Depression
- Understanding Stress
- Safeguarding Children
- Working with Children with SEND
- Working with Clients who Self-Harm
- Working with Sexual Abuse
- Working with Bereaved Children
- Working with Different Models of Mental Health
- Hypnotherapy; Working with Sleep and Dreams -Safeguarding and prevent course
- Different Models of Mental Health certified
- The Principles of TA Therapy certified
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.