Ayfer Kamat BA, Adv.Dip, MBACP
I am a qualified integrative counsellor and offer therapy to adults and young people (min. age 18).
My core belief is that everyone is capable and deserving of positive change in their life.
I am trained in a number of therapeutic modalities. I find that, just as the individual is unique, so too is the therapeutic experience. I am able to tailor these techniques to meet your individual needs. The therapeutic relationship is very much an alliance; one in which we can work collectively to explore your sense of self and empower you to gain the tools you need to make positive changes in your life.
People seek therapy for many reasons. You may have been faced with a sudden and difficult change in your life. You may be experiencing difficulties in your relationships; either personal or work. You may be finding your anxiety overwhelming. You may want some understanding around behaviours that are upsetting you. You may have ongoing issues that you are finding restricting.
Therapy can offer a safe containing space to unpack what is on your mind and have someone bear witness to your story and explore and address any changes you would like to make for yourself.
I can work to both a time limited (set number of sessions) and an open ended capacity. This is something we can assess together. Sessions are once weekly for a duration of 50 minutes.
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists and work to an ethical framework.
I have full indemnity insurance and am DBS checked.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certification in Counselling Skills, Chelmsford Counselling Foundation (BACP Accredited)
- Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling, CPPD Counselling School (BACP Accredited)
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling, CPPD Counselling School (BACP Accredited)
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, CPPD Counselling School (BACP Accredited)
- Certificated in Neuroscience and Attachment, CPPD Counselling School (BACP Accredited)
- Certificate in Psychiatry, Psychopathology and Psychodynamics, CPPD Counselling School (BACP Accredited)
- Certificate in Time Limited Counselling CPPD Counselling School (BACP Accredited)
- Certificate Working with Children and Young People, CPPD (BACP Accredited)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Initial 20 minute telephone conversation free of charge
- Face to face sessions £60
- Online session £60
- Phone session £55
- I am currently offering concession rates for NHS members