Avril Brohan Dip Counselling, FdA Counselling, MBACP
Something at this moment in time has triggered you into looking for a counsellor, you might be wondering if it can help? Will it give you the answers you are looking for - I suffer with anxiety - no one understands me - I feel all alone - I don’t want to be judged.
I am passionate about counselling and the benefit that talking therapy can bring. I believe that everyone has the potential to change, grow, heal and lead a happier and more fulfilling life.
I am a warm, kind and experienced BACP registered counsellor trained in the Person-Centred Approach. I can offer you a safe and confidential space for you to explore and identify what’s holding you back, to understand yourself better, explore potential change and see how you can get your needs met.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Degree: Middlesex University, in collaboration with Capital City College Group - Foundation Degree Arts In Counselling
- Diploma: The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London - British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy Accredited Diploma
- BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills (QCF)
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skill
Workshops & Courses
- Initial Bereavement Training Course – Bereavement Care
- Children & Grief Course – Bereavement Care
- Suicide Workshop
- Adult Safeguarding Workshop
- A Pluralistic Approach to Therapy - Workshop
- Working with Personality Disorders using Transactional Analysis – Workshop
- Working with Trauma Using Transactional Analysis – Workshop
- Trauma & the Power of Language – Workshop
- Body Troubles - Workshop
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Free initial meeting and thereafter £50 per session. All meetings last 50 minutes. Concessions to the standard fee are available.
Payments can be made by cash, card or by direct money transfer. If you wish to pay by direct transfer the details will be given to you upon booking. Payment by direct money transfer is required before each session.