Annabelle Kelly, Integrative Psychotherapist and Counsellor, MBACP
07583 728 354
Mental health issues affect us all at some point in our lives. For example:
- you could be feeling anxious, depressed, angry, sad or have issues with addiction
- you may be struggling to make decisions or have poor self-esteem
- you may feel lonely and unsure of what do next and need to speak with someone who can listen, support you and be on your side
- you may be having difficulties with your identity or have sexual health concerns
- you may be feeling suicidal and that life is an intensely painful place to be
- you may have suffered a bereavement or a relationship breakup that has left you feeling empty and distraught
- you may feel that your life is meaningless
- you may have reached a significant point in your life that is challenging your sense of self
Whatever it may be, counselling and psychotherapy can offer a safe, containing and confidential space to explore what is happening in your present situation. It can help to identify areas of your life that need attention, facilitate self-awareness and self-compassion. It can also help you understand, on a much deeper level, your distress and difficulties in the context of your current and past experiences.
I am a Psychotherapist and BACP Registered Integrative Counsellor. I have a UKCP accredited MA in Integrative Psychotherapy and a BACP accredited Diploma in Integrative Counselling from The Minster Centre, London. I am now working towards UKCP accreditation.
I have extensive experience of working in primary care NHS IAPT and secondary care community services, higher education student counselling teams, bereavement services and in private practice. I work short and long term, face-to-face, online and via telephone.
As an integrative practitioner, I utilise various theories and practices of counselling and psychotherapy, but I lean towards a contemporary, relational psychodynamic approach. This means that, if working with me, I will consciously explore with you your present and past relationships and experiences and the impact these have on you today. In addition, I would draw our attention to our internal worlds and be mindful of current emotions, feelings and sensations within and between us. Cultivating awareness such as this can help unlock some deeply held unconscious experiences. I believe that, by working this way, we can develop a more balanced way of being in our external and internal worlds, ultimately leading to more positive relationships and experiences.
(To read more about how I work, please visit www.annabellekelly.uk)
I attend regular clinical supervision and I engage in CPD to enhance my professional and personal practice.
I am also fully insured with public liability and professional indemnity cover.
Considering working with me?
In the first instance, please get in touch via phone or email with a brief description of what you are seeking support with. I will then arrange with you to have brief telephone conversation to discuss further and arrange an initial appointment. This gives us an opportunity to explore what it is you need, your expectations of therapy and if I offer the right way of working for you. I will also go through my policies on confidentiality, fee payments, appointment arrangements and cancellations.
An initial appointment lasts 50 minutes and the fee for this is £30.
If we agree to work together all future sessions are 50 minutes and the fee is £55 (concessions are available)
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA in Integrative Psychotherapy, The Minster Centre, London
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling, The Minster Centre, London
- Foundation Certificate in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy, The Minster Centre, London
Clinical experience (since 2012)
- Private Practice, London and Crewe, Cheshire
- Psychotherapist, Specialist Weight Management Service, Aintree University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Secondary Care Counsellor, Knowsley Community Respiratory Service, Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital
- Primary Care IAPT Counsellor, Emotional Wellbeing Services, Stafford
- Primary Care IAPT Counsellor, Cheshire & Wirral Partnership NHS Trust, Crewe
- Counsellor, Low Cost Therapy Service, The Minster Centre, London
- Associate Counsellor, Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, London
- Honorary Counsellor, Royal College of Music, London
- Volunteer Counsellor, Wandsworth Bereavement Service, London
Training (since 2010)
- Specialist Training in Loss, Complicated Grief & Traumatic Bereavement
- Self harm and Suicide
- Introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Sexual Diversity
- Eating Disorders
- Psychiatric Assessment
- Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Time Limited Counselling
- Skills for Trauma
- Integrative Diagnosis and Treatment
- Death and Bereavement
- Severe Presentations
Continuing Professional Development (since 2014)
- Addiction, Trauma and Adverse Childhood Experiences: The Neuroscience behind Developmental/Attachment Trauma and Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Children and Young People conference 2016 ‘Self and identity: breaking down barriers for inclusion'
- Bearing All For Love
- Relational Depth and Emotional Connection in Online Therapy
- Embodied Intersubjectivity
- Working with Chronic Illness
- Therapist's Personal Life
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship issues
My usual fee is £55 per 50 minute session
Concessions are available. Please get in touch to discuss.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please contact for details
Types of client