I am a psychotherapist offering private counselling and psychotherapy in Central London as well as Online. Please note that due to Covid-19, I am currently only offering Online sessions for the time being.
I work with a wide range of presenting issues, and my areas of specialty include:
- Depression and low mood
- Low self-confidence
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Managing stress
- Relationship difficulties
- Sexual health related issues
- Video gaming (including "video game addiction")
How I work:
- Collaborative and integrative approach: I tailor my work to your needs and preferences, integrating different techniques and theoretical approaches.
- Focused on your goals: Our work together is always informed by what you believe is most important to work on.
- Structured and with a sense of purpose: We have a clear purpose for our work together, with regular reviews to assess how we are working towards your goals.
- Safe, confidential and welcoming space: Sometimes, our difficulties may feel daunting to talk about with others and linked with feelings of shame or embarrassment. I can offer a safe, confidential and welcoming space where whatever you bring to therapy can be discussed openly and managed without fear of judgement.
Working with me:
If you would like to work with me, or have any questions about how I work, please do not hesitate to get in touch. You can contact me via phone, send me an email at email@example.com or use the "message me" function on this page. I aim to reply to all enquiries within 48hrs.
Training, qualifications & experience
My professional training is in integrative counselling and psychotherapy, which has involved training in different therapeutic modalities, including:
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychodynamic therapy
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
I have extensive training working in with a wide range of presenting issues in a variety of settings, including NHS secondary care, mental health charities and services specialising in gambling addiction, trauma and sexual health.
I am currently in the process of finalising my Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology (PsychD).
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
One of my areas of special interest is video gaming, including both healthy and problematic engagement with gaming (including video game addiction).
In my private practice, I offer counselling and psychotherapy to individuals for whom video gaming is a significant part of their lives. This could include working in the gaming industry, streaming or e-sports, or otherwise be involved with video gaming in their day-to-day life. It could also mean being an avid hobby gamer who would prefer a therapist that is knowledgeable about video gaming and the gaming subculture.
I also work with individuals who would like to cut down on their video gaming or feels that their gaming hobby has become problematic.
Visit my website www.magnustherapy.com to read more about how I work with both healthy and problematic video gaming in therapy.
I offer a free initial phone consultation (10-15 min) to discuss what you hope to gain from therapy and arrange an initial session.
I operate on a sliding scale so please contact me to discuss fees.