Amita Marwaha: BSc (Hons)- MBACP Registered Psychotherapist & Counsellor
* In light of the current situation and following the government's recommendation, I will be offering telephone or video counselling. During this difficult period it is of the upmost importance to take time for our mental health and to keep talking. Stay well and safe. *
Hello and welcome
I'm an experienced, qualified and registered psychotherapist with practices in City of London, Baker Street, and Ruislip. With over 12 year's experience in the field of psychotherapy and counselling. I work with individuals and couples with a wide variety of issues such as anxiety, depression, relationship issues and work stress. I offer both short and long-term therapy.
My approach is simple, warm and down to earth. I have trained in different types of therapy/counselling, offering a specialised approach to therapy (not a one-size-fits). Listening is just the first step. I then provide practical coping skills to adapt to your everyday life. My unique style not only allows you to talk openly, but to put into practise tools and techniques that we work through in therapy, allowing you to move forward and change.
I work with you at your pace; by achieving the results, developing realistic personal goals and providing the right tools helping you to grow and put the control back in your hands.
- At any time, any one of us can suffer from depression, anxiety, stress, relationship problems or unresolved issues, as well as the associated physical symptoms – panic attacks, tiredness, lack of concentration or focus, and poor sleep. All of these get in the way of you going about your daily life with purpose and energy.
Counselling/Psychotherapy can be an extremely powerful tool, in helping us understand more about difficult or challenging relationships or situations, both past and present. By working with a trained psychotherapist, you can become the person you want to be and develop to your full potential both personally and professionally.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have experience of working with clients from a great diversity of backgrounds, ages, sexualities and cultures.
I have also worked for a variety of different organisations in the charitable, public and private health sectors, as well as within the NHS and Mind (a mental health charity). This has given me invaluable experience dealing with a vast range of issues.
· BSc (Hons) Degree in Integrative Counselling accredited by the UK Council for psychotherapy (UKCP) - University of Roehampton London.
· BACP Certificate of Proficiency
As a BACP-registered member, I’ve achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the organisation and trained in several psychological models. This is important for you to know, as I practice at a high professional standard.
Further Specialist Training
I believe strongly in professional development within the field of psychotherapeutic work and regularly expand my skills and knowledge by attending workshops, conferences and seminars, as well as monthly clinical supervision in areas such as:
· CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
· Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
· Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
· Working with Couples
· Domestic Violence and Abuse
· Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
· Anger, Stress, and Aggression
· Working with Mental Health Issues
· Mind and Body Training
Through my training, I have personal experience of long-term therapy. I know how hard it is to ask for help and I understand the anxiety that goes along with this process. I will do everything I can to make it as comfortable as possible for you.
Nothing is more exhausting than battling overwhelming feelings on a daily basis and not knowing what to do. Feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion about the issues you’re facing and how I may be able to help you.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Individuals: £55
- Couples :£80
- Students: £45.00 (including Student Counsellors)
- Individuals: £70
- Couples: £130
- Initial consultation session (Please note that the Initial consultation is also charged at the same rate)
Initial consultation is an opportunity for us to meet and discuss reasons behind you seeking counselling and for you to ask any questions or concerns you may have. As well as for me to find out what your goals are and what you wish to achieve from the sessions and most importantly, ensure that you feel comfortable and the best way we can work together.
- A limited number of concessions are available or a block of 6 sessions. Please feel free to enquire.
Cash, bank transfer and card payment is made at the end of each session.
All sessions missed or cancelled less then 48hrs are charged. If available I will offer an alternative time during that week.
- Please feel free to contact me via email or phone with any queries that you might have and I will always respond within 24 hours. (Please state location preference in your enquiry)
Both locations are within 2 min walk from the stations.