Amita Marwaha: BSc (Hons)- MBACP Registered Psychotherapist & Counsellor
Hello and welcome
I'm an experienced, qualified and registered psychotherapist with practices in City of London, Baker Street, and Ruislip. With over 12 year's experience in the field of psychotherapy, I work with individuals and couples with a wide variety of issues such as anxiety, depression, relationship issues and work stress. I offer both short and long-term therapy.
My approach is simple, warm and down to earth.
I offer a unique approach to therapy (not a one-size-fits). Listening is just the first step. I then provide practical coping skills to adapt to your everyday life. My style not only allows you to talk openly, but to put into practise tools and techniques that you work through in therapy, allowing you to move forward and change.
I work with you at your pace; developing realistic personal goals and providing the right tools helping you to grow and put the control back in your hands.
- At any time, any one of us can suffer from depression, anxiety, stress, relationship problems or unresolved issues, as well as the associated physical symptoms – panic attacks, tiredness, lack of concentration or focus, and poor sleep. All of these get in the way of you going about your daily life with purpose and energy.
Counselling/Psychotherapy can be an extremely powerful tool in helping us understand more about difficult or challenging relationships or situations. By working with a trained psychotherapist, you can become the person you want to be and develop to your full potential both personally and professionally.
Training, qualifications & experience
I began my career and counselling experience in various charity, public and private health sectors as well as within the NHS and Westminster Mind mental health, dealing with a vast range of issues. I have been working as a counsellor/ psychotherapist for over 10 years within different multicultural agencies and have experience and understanding of the cultural issues working with clients from a great diversity of backgrounds including: Asian, Muslim, Pakistani, Punjabi, Gujarati, British, Jamaican and Irish. As well as being from a Indian back ground myself.
I hold a BSc (Honours) Degree in Integrative Counselling awarded by Roehampton University and accredited by the UK Council for psychotherapy (UKCP).
BACP Certificate of Proficiency.
Further Specialist Training:
CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) training.
Mindfulness - Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
Mindfulness- Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
Working with Couples
Domestic violence and abuse training
Post Traumatic stress disorder - PTSD
Anger, stress and aggression
Working with mental health issues
Mind and body training
- I also continue professional development within the field of psychotherapeutic work, expanding my skills and knowledge by regularly attending workshops, conferences and seminars as well as monthly clinical supervision.
- Being Registered with BACP means that I have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the organisation of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. This is very important to you, as it means that I am bound by their code of conduct and ethics to assure that your therapy will be practiced to a highly professional standard.
- During my training I have personal experience of long-term therapy.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Work-related stress
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
Photos & videos
- Individuals: £55
- Couples :£80
- Students: £45.00 (including Student Counsellors)
- Individuals: £80
- Couples: £130
- Initial consultation session (Please note that the Initial consultation is also charged at the same rate)
Initial consultation is an opportunity for us to meet and discuss reasons behind you seeking counselling and for you to ask any questions or concerns you may have. As well as for me to find out what your goals are and what you wish to achieve from the sessions and most importantly, ensure that you feel comfortable and the best way we can work together.
- A limited number of concessions are available or a block of 6 sessions. Please feel free to enquire.
Cash, bank transfer and card payment is made at the end of each session.
All sessions missed or cancelled less then 48hrs are charged. If available I will offer an alternative time during that week.
- Please feel free to contact me via email or phone with any queries that you might have and I will respond to you promptly either my email or a brief phone call. (Please state location preference in your enquiry)
Both locations are within 2 min walk from the stations.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments can be made Monday to Friday: 9.00am - 9.00pm limited Saturday slots between my consulting rooms in Ruislip and City of London.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|