Amita Marwaha: BSc (Hons)- MBACP Registered Psychotherapist & Counsellor
City and West Therapy Ltd
020 3468 6881 / 07525 088 070
Hello and welcome
I am a fully qualified Psychotherapist/Counsellor, registered by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I have over 10 years experience in the field of psychotherapy, working with individuals and couples, offering both short and long term therapy.
I currently run my practice from 3 locations: City of London, Baker Street and Ruislip.
I have trained in several psychological models, so I am able to select what may be most helpful for you. I draw upon a variety of different approaches to suit your individual needs to explore different ways of thinking, enhancing communication skills and positive psychology to help you get more of what you would find fulfilling in life.
Counselling is a personal process undertaken by the client, facilitated professionally by me. I am happy to work to an agreed number of sessions, or in an ongoing way. It may take some time to reach a deeper understanding of the issues, then find the most appropriate changes or ways to resolve difficulties.
Some of the issues I often deal with:
- Experiencing depression, sadness or emptiness
- Anxiety and stress
- Lacking confidence, self-esteem or having feelings of underachievement
- Finding it difficult to sustain good relationships
- Coping with big life changes
- Family, relationships and work related difficulties
- Alcohol and recreational drug abuse
- Difficulties relating to sexuality
- Sexual diversity issues
- Sexual abuse
- Culture issues
Having a hard time? or just unhappy? Anyone, at any time, can suffer from Depression, Anxiety, Stress, Lack of Confidence, Relationship or Marriage problems and many other issues affecting them either now or from their past.
We all need a bit of support and throughout our lives at some point we all experience difficulties and challenges that sometimes we can't manage on our own. Counselling/psychotherapy can be an extremely powerful tool to help us become the people we want to be and understand more about our relationships and the situations we find ourselves in, whether to overcome a challenge or understand our mistakes or simply to develop our full potential. We can become stuck in patterns of behaviour and thoughts that are no longer helpful and these patterns can hinder our personal and professional growth.
It is always hard asking for help, I understand the anxiety that goes along with this process for you and will do everything I can to make it as comfortable as possible.
Can I help you?
Counselling is a chance to look at issues in a calm, and confidential space to explore your difficulties whatever they might be in. Providing a safe, non-judgmental environment, offering insight, clarity and an understanding of the issues that you are bringing. A journey, of self-exploration, self awareness, thoughts, feelings and behaviour.
My style of working is integrative, which means making use of a number of therapeutic models and techniques including CBT and mindfulness but suited to your individual needs.
My professional approach with clients is simple, warm and down to earth. I aim to offer a respectful, caring, insightful and confidential service, supporting and working according to my clients needs where difficulties can be resolved. No matter how deep you feel you have sunk, there is always a way back up, to help you find a positive outcome no matter what the problem is so you can step forward with confidence and express your true potential. I have a passion for my work and it shows. I will always work at a pace that suits you, respect your values and coping abilities that have helped you in the past.
Together throughout the process, you will be encouraged, supported and empowered by helping to equip my clients with the emotional tools to help cope with past or current issues as well as working to achieve their goals but to do so in a way that produces learning for the future, so you can feel more in charge of your life. I provide short and long term therapy to my clients.
Training, qualifications & experience
I began my career and counselling experience in various charity, public and private health sectors as well as within the NHS and Westminster Mind mental health, dealing with a vast range of issues. I have been working as a counsellor/ psychotherapist for over 10 years within different multicultural agencies and have experience and understanding of the cultural issues working with clients from a great diversity of backgrounds including: Asian, Muslim, Pakistani, Punjabi, Gujarati, British, Jamaican and Irish. As well as being from a Indian back ground myself.
I hold a BSc (Honours) Degree in Integrative Counselling awarded by Roehampton University and accredited by the UK Council for psychotherapy (UKCP).
BACP Certificate of Proficiency.
Further Specialist Training:
CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) training.
Mindfulness - Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
Mindfulness- Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
Working with Couples
Domestic violence and abuse training
Post Traumatic stress disorder - PTSD
Anger, stress and aggression
Working with mental health issues
Mind and body training
- I also continue professional development within the field of psychotherapeutic work, expanding my skills and knowledge by regularly attending workshops, conferences and seminars as well as monthly clinical supervision.
- Being Registered with BACP means that I have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the organisation of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. This is very important to you, as it means that I am bound by their code of conduct and ethics to assure that your therapy will be practiced to a highly professional standard.
- During my training I have personal experience of long-term therapy.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship issues
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
Photos & videos
- Individuals: £50
- Couples :£80
- Students: £40.00 (including Student Counsellors)
- Individuals: £65
- Couples: £100
- Initial consultation session
Initial consultation is an opportunity for us to meet and discuss reasons behind you seeking counselling and for you to ask any questions or concerns you may have. As well as for me to find out what your goals are and what you wish to achieve from the sessions and most importantly, ensure that you feel comfortable and the best way we can work together.
- A limited number of concessions are available or a block of 6 sessions. Please feel free to enquire.
Cash, cheque and bank transfer are payable at the end of each session.
All sessions missed or cancelled less then 48hrs are charged. If available I will offer an alternative time during that week.
- Please feel free to contact me via email or phone with any queries that you might have and I will respond to you promptly either my email or a brief phone call. (Please state location preference in your enquiry)
Both locations are within 2 min walk from the stations.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments can be made Monday to Friday: 9.00am - 9.00pm limited Saturday slots between my consulting rooms in Ruislip and City of London.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|