Amanda Morrissey (MBACP Accred) Dip, EMDR, Individuals, Couples, Supervision
"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there."
This Rumi quote sums up my approach to counselling and my experience will support you to get to where you want to be.
"Growth is painful. Change is painful. But, nothing is as painful as staying stuck where you do not belong." N. R. Narayana Murthy
Most of us have difficult times, anxieties and need some support to find a way back to a level playing field, to discover/rediscover more ease in our lives.
I will support you to work out what's going on, find a new perspective and make changes.I offer a comfortable, informal, environment which is warm, welcoming and confidential.
I’m here to really listen and be honest. I have an abundance of skills and over a decade of experience to make our time productive. Whatever is troubling you, whether present or underlying issues, we will explore ways to move forward and identify possibilities.
Call on 01273 731665 or email me and we can take it from there.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have 12+ year experience and I am fully Accredited member of the BACP. Alongside my private practice I have worked with many community-based agencies such as:
- CRI (drug and alcohol )
- Mankind (Male sexual abuse)
- Possability people (disability and illness)
- FIP (family intervention project)
- As You Are (low-cost counselling)
- Presently supervising Brevement Volunteers/Councellors at Cruse
Relevant professional qualifications and training
• Relationship-based Supervision Diploma training -Ibis Consultancy
• EMDR Acred Training(1 to 4) - S Morgan EMDR Europe Acred Trainer
• BACP Diploma in Counselling – Wealden Psychology Institute
• Equinox/CRI Drug & Alcohol training – Brighton
• BodyListening training -Brighton School for Embodied Therapy
• Duo-Counselling -MaDTraining.co.uk
• Cert Person Centered Art Therapy – Central Sussex
• TA 101Certificate – Wealden Psychology Institute
Living without violence, Erotic transference, Gender difference, Managing stress, Coping with pressure, Personality adaptations, Contact and intimacy, Genograms and family, Mental health and recovery, Script, ASSIT suicide intervention, Sexual health, HIV, Trauma, Disability awareness, Loss and bereavement, Safeguarding
Other qualifications which might be of interest :
• PGCE – City College Brighton & Hove
• BA (Hons) Fine Art (Sculpture) – Norwich School of Art & Design
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Menopause and Perimenopause.
Photos & videos
Free Introductory Session
1 to 1: £50 per session
Concessions are available give me a ring and see what we can work out together.
Couples One to Two: £75 per session
Duos and Family: £90 - £120 per session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesday 10am to 8pm Wednesday10am to 9.30pm Thursday 10am to 7pm
Types of client