Amanda Ingram Counselling and Supervision (Registered MBACP)
18 Park Place
Are you considering therapy? Are you looking for someone to help you to better understand the difficulties you are experiencing? Therapy can be used to help you overcome a variety of issues including anxiety, depression, trauma, relationship issues, low self-esteem and obstacles which could be hindering you from living a fulfilled life.
I am an experienced Counsellor and qualified Supervisor offering appointments in the beautiful setting of The Piece Hall in Halifax and of central location on Park Place in Leeds- both are just a short walk away from bus and train stations.
I have many years of experience as a counsellor working with individuals and couples, providing a safe and non-judgemental environment that will enable you to explore in confidence the issues you are finding problematic. Our time together will support you on your journey to overcome the issues which are causing you distress.
The foundation of my training is the Relational Approach, which enables the exploration of both your self experience and your relationships with others. This approach helps to highlight and appropriately create change in unhelpful debilitating patterns. I do however respect that everyone is individual, and that their therapeutic needs differ. Therefore, I am able to integrate a range of therapeutic modalities, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Transactional Analysis and Psychodynamic and Humanistic Therapy to ensure that my approach is tailored to your needs.This will provide safe and effective support whilst we work collaboratively towards your personal aims.
I have a keen interest in Transactional Analysis which I incorporate into my practice where appropriate to help clients to develop their awareness of both themselves and their relationships. This approach focuses on helping you to fully understand any behaviors, thoughts and feelings by discovering their unconscious meanings and motivations.
I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP), and I work in accordance with their ethical framework.
I fully appreciate the courage it takes to talk about the difficulties you are experiencing, and I respect that taking the first step towards counselling can be a challenge. An initial phone call to discuss what is right for you may be the starting point.
What Happens Next?
I offer a free 15 minute telephone call - this gives you an opportunity to ask me any questions you may have. From that point, if you wish we can arrange an initial appointment which will allow you to decide whether I am the right counsellor for you.
Counselling sessions are usually face to face and usually take place on a weekly basis, although other timescales may be discussed to fit in with your personal circumstances. Skype sessions are also available.
I can be contacted via telephone or email. If I am unable to answer please leave a message and I will return your call as soon as possible.
Training, qualifications & experience
* Post Graduate Certificate in Counsellor Supervision -York St John University.
* Diploma HE in Therapeutic Counselling - Leeds Metropolitan University.
* Certificate in Couples Counselling- Leeds Centre for Psychological Development.
* Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
* Foundation Certificate in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy - I have a keen interest in Transactional Analysis and after completing the Foundation Course I have continued on to advanced clinical training in this specialist area.
* Mosaic II training - issues surrounding sexual abuse.
* Ascentis Certificate in Bereavement and Loss - Cruse Bereavement Care.
* Certificate in Counselling & Therapeutic skills- Wakefield College.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Individual therapy is £55 per 50 minute session. This is payable in cash, bank transfer or cheque at the beginning of each appointment.
- Couples counselling is £65 per 50 minute session.
- Supervision is £50 per 60 minutes or £70 for a 90 minute appointment.
- My cancellation policy requires 48 hours notice otherwise the full fee is payable.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My practice in The Piece Hall in Halifax is wheelchair accessible.
I offer daytime and evening appointments subject to availability. Weekend and early morning appointments are available subject to availability
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|