Alison Staff MBACP (Accred.) Msc. Counsellor/Psychotherapist
I am an accredited psychodynamic counsellor/psychotherapist registered with the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapist and a registered member of the government voluntary register qualified to Masters level.
I work in a sensitive manner that is tailored to meet individual need using a range of therapeutic approaches offering both short and long term work. My aim is to provide a welcoming professional service to the practice which is based in Tiptree and offers a private comfortable space for individuals, couples, families and trainees to safely explore a broad range of difficulties. I have a wide range of experience working with adults, adolescents, children and couples on a wide range of difficulties that include:
* Relationship difficulties
* Trauma - PTSD
* Loss and separation
* Mental Health disorders
* Employment issues
Parents and Carers:
For parents/carers with children I also offer Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP) which is attachment based relationship therapy developed by Dr Dan Hughes that is particularly effective when working with parents/carers who are experiencing relationship difficulties within their families. Work with children and adolescents is tailored to their need and shaped by current developmental stage, this can include play and art based approaches.
Trainees Counselling and Supervision:
Alongside the above services I provide counselling and supervision for both trainee and qualified counsellors and education staff in accordance with the BACP guidelines.
Appointments are available during the day and in the evening. Weekends are by prior agreement.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a qualified and skilled practitioner with a broad spectrum of experience working with children, adolescents, adults, couples and families in the field of mental health and social care.
- Accredited Psychodynamic Counsellor/Psychotherapist (2014) - BACP.
- Master of Science Child and Adolescent Mental Health (2011) - Anglia Ruskin and Cambridge University.
- Certificate in Clinical Assessment (2007) - Writtle Pastoral Foundation and London University.
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision (2007) - Writtle Pastoral Foundation and London University.
- BACP Psychodynamic Counsellor (2006) – CCF, Writtle Pastoral Foundation and London University.
- Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing - Part 1 EMDR Association UK and Ireland Accredited Training (2018)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing - Part 2 EMDR Association UK and Ireland Accredited Training (2019)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing - Part 3 EMDR Association UK and Ireland Accredited Training (2019)
- Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy DDP Level 2 (2014) – Dan Hughes Family Futures DDPI
- Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy DDP Level 1 (2012) – Dan Hughes Family Futures DDPI
- Makaton Level 4
- Safeguarding Level 3
I am an accredited registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (MBACP Accred.) membership number 586918 and a member of the Department of Health voluntary register number 586918. I am also a member of EMDR Association UK & Ireland. In the interest of safeguarding I appropriately hold an Enhanced DBS certificate and Professional Indemnity insurance.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Individual work - sessions are for 50 minutes charged at £45 per session
EMDR - initial session 90 minutes and thereafter 60 minutes charged at £55
Couples/Family work - sessions are for 60 minutes charged at £50 per session
Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP) - sessions are for 50 minutes charged at £50 per session
Clinical supervision - 90 minutes charged at £60
Counselling/psychotherapy for trainees - 50 minutes charged at £35
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Makaton to Level 4|
Appointments are available during the day and evenings. Weekend appointment by prior arrangement.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am an experienced supervisor offering clinical supervision to trainees and qualified counsellors.View supervision profile