Alice Tew BSc. (Hons) Registered MBACP Counsellor & Psychotherapist
Online appointments available now.
Are you tired of overthinking and never feeling good enough?
Are your relationships often difficult or disappointing?
Are you struggling to relax and enjoy life?
I will help you to feel more calm and confident ready to start living a more fulfilling life.
When life is hard, it’s difficult to feel hope for the future. It can feel like setting yourself up for a fall and you're not sure whether you've got the strength to get back up again.
I can help you understand more about yourself, why you feel like you do and how to bring about real, lasting change.
Together we’ll explore how you've got where you are and work towards finding calm and clarity among the chaos so you will find a path towards a more peaceful, joyful and fulfilling life.
I love helping people to reach their potential. As a therapist I am gentle and kind but I’ll also be straight with you. I’m not a therapist who will just smile and nod along with whatever you say.
I truly believe that real change is possible, and we can drop the struggles to live a better life.
So if it sounds like you would like to work with me, I’d be delighted to hear from you. Send me an email and I'll get back to you to arrange a telephone consultation or first appointment.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc (Hons) Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Going Online in Times of Crisis
- Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors Training:
- Working with Relational Trauma
- Working with Dissociative Disorders in Clinical Practice
- Relational Depth in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Couples Counselling Training (COSRT endorsed)
- Parental Alienation: Understanding, assessment, intervention (BPS Approved)
I regularly update my learning through reading, research and additional training.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Weight loss
- Body image
- Disordered eating
- Family relationships
- Antenatal depression
- Postnatal depression (in both women and men)
- CPTSD (Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- GAD (Generalised anxiety disorder)
- BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder)
- Carers of people with Alzheimer’s
- Family relationship issues
- General sense that something is wrong
Photos & videos
£50 per 60 minute session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I currently have daytime and evening availability.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|