Glenn Nicholls UKCP UKAHPP MBACP
Counselling is relational and so it requires a genuine personal engagement. The challenge is having conversations that break us out of ourselves, our stories, dramas and fear.
Psychotherapy and counselling are about seeing a new way of relating to ourselves and others, to life and to the world. My website gives fuller details about my approach.
I have over 20 years experience as a counsellor and psychotherapist, mostly in private practice. I work with individuals and couples for short and long term therapy in Cambridge and Angel Islington.
I'm currently taking on people for a therapy group which will run in home in Cambridge, there is space if you wish to register interest.
I also supervise experienced and trainee therapists, currently I'm the Lead Tutor for the Integrative Supervision Course for Individuals and Groups at The Grove Practice in London. The course is a clinical supervision training for counsellors, psychotherapists and therapists, coaches, psychologists and managers of clinical teams.
I'm an executive and leadership coach; I coach people in business, academia, science and tech, the arts and from religious organisations.
Training, qualifications & experience
I trained as a psychotherapist at The Whittington Hospital NHS Trust in Archway, North London. My approach is Integrative, this means that I draw form different theoretical models; I do not think in terms of any one approach as holding the 'truth'. Each approach has its merits. Modalities I work with include; Object Relations, Psychodynamic, Gestalt, Systems, CBT and mindfulness.
I am a full member of UKCP (reg. psychotherapist)
My background is in education, I have taught key stage 1 - 4 in mainstream and special needs; and also graduates, post-graduates and adult education.
- Tutor for 4 years on the Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling at the University of Cambridge
- NHS Psychotherapist for 4 years working with outpatients with complex mental health issues
- Trauma counsellor at Transport for London
- Student counsellor at Greenwich Maritime University
- Lead Tutor since 2011 for the Diploma in Integrative Supervision of Individuals and Groupsat The Grove
- Principle Tutor and founding member of the first Gestalt and Integrative Psychotherapy training in Budapest
- Foundation Year in Group Analysis at Cambridge Group Work (a constituent of The IGA)
- PG Dip. Organisational Development and Executive Coaching at The Grove Practice Ltd
- PG Cert. Supervision at Leeds Psychotherapy Training Institute
- I trained as a couples counsellor with Dr Joseph Zinker (Gestalt Institute of Cleveland)
- PG. Dip. Working with the Soul - Transpersonal Perspectives (The Whittington)
- PG Dip. Post-Qualifying Intensive Object Relations & Gestalt (The Whittington)
- PG Dip. Integrative Psychotherapy at The Whittington Hospital NHS Trust, North London
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I also work with intimacy, self harm, psychosomatic illness (eg. insomnia, asthma, eczema etc.), existential crisis; identity, meaning, isolation and fear of death, religious indoctrination; abuse and spiritual addiction, relationship therapy, spiritual crisis, loss of desire, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, anorgasmia and vaginismus.
Psychotherapy & Counselling:
Cambridge £70 for individuals, £90 for couples.
London £95 for individuals & £125 for couples.
(please enquire for leadership/executive coaching and organisation consultancy rates)