FdA (Integrative) Couns,. Registered Member MBACP (Accred)
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Everyone is unique and individual, with particular issues that can make life challenging at times. Sometimes we may live our lives in the same old patterns and wonder why it is that things keep happening to us. There may come a time when you feel the need for that extra professional support to gain a deeper understanding of what may be troubling you.
As a counsellor I am not here to give you advice or to tell you what to do; I offer a supportive, confidential space where you will be listened to carefully, without judgment. In us working together, you can begin to gain a deeper understanding of the issues, difficulties and concerns that may have brought you to therapy. It is a chance to explore, think about and understand life so that you can live it well.
I am a fully Registered & Accredited member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy, I adhere to the BACP Code of Ethics and I am committed to ongoing personal and professional development.
Training, qualifications & experience
My Qualifications include:
- FdA Degree in Counselling (Integrative)
- NCFE Levels 1, 2 & 3 in Counselling Skills & Theory
- NVQ3 Health & Social Care - Children & Young People
My Training/CPD includes:
- Fully Accredited BACP Counsellor/Psychotherapist
- Bowlby Attachment; Disrupted Attachment, Destructive Behaviours
- Themes in Abuse: Dissociative Identity Disorders & The Language of Trauma
- Attachment; 'from the cradle to the grave'
- Parental Mental Distress, Child Welfare & Risk
- Self Harm, Self Care and The Way Between
- Working with Experimental Interventions
- Eating Disorders including; Anorexia & Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating & Obesity
- Body Image
- Rape and Sexual Abuse Support
- Pregnancy Crisis; Termination/Abortion
- Understanding Challenging Behaviour in Children & Adolescents
- Loss & Bereavement
- General Medicines Management
I have gained invaluable experience working with all ages, genders, cultures, beliefs and values. These include;
- My Private Therapy Practice, with a varied and diverse client group of students, ex-service men/women, individuals and couples all seeking support in area's such as; bereavement, loss, sexual abuse, rape, pregnancy crisis, anxiety, depression, sex & sexuality, LGBT, relationship issues, couples work and much more
- Affiliate EAP Counsellor for Workplace Options, working together with individuals from NHS, Borough Councils, Financial Institutions, Local Authorities, Police and many more.
- Counselling Information Trust, (formally Alliance) Counsellor; with a referral base including many local GP’s, social services, the NHS, volunteer organisations and governmental youth services such as Connexions
- Private Organisation supporting Pregnancy Crisis, Termination & Choice
- My previous private Lucks Yard Clinic; a multidisciplinary wellbeing clinic that offers a diverse range of emotional and physical support
- Extensive counselling and support work with youths, students and children at charity; Heads Together, Redhill - alongside my previous professional background with young people and challenging behaviour
- Crossways Counselling Service for over 18's; of all cultures and backgrounds
- Working with rape and sexual abuse victims for over a year with Guildford RASASC
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£50.00 per session
Free initial in-person, telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
Sometimes, finding the right therapist can be confusing. I am able to offer a FREE 30 minute session for us to explore the option of working together.
Subsequent 50 minute sessions:
When I work
Monday - Friday.