Kate Harvey MSc, BACP, UKCP
I offer confidential counselling and psychotherapy tailored to the unique wishes and needs of each individual. As a relational therapist we will work at your pace, addressing whatever you seek help for non-judgementally, in a way that feels supportive and productive. Whether it is challenging current circumstances or older patterns of feeling or behaviour, or to enhance your wellbeing, I have a wide base of knowledge and experience to draw from.
I have 10 years experience working effectively with clients with depression, anxiety, relationship issues, self esteem, confidence issues, bereavement, fertility, sleep issues, self harm, addictions, spirituality and more, both short term and long term. I have worked in agency, education and privately here and abroad.
I work from an integrative therapeutic model (person centred, CBT, gestalt and psychoanalysis), qualified in integrative therapeutic counselling and Gestalt psychotherapy, and trained to work with with adults, couples and adolescents. I'm also an advocate of mindfullness.
Whilst I undertake supervision training I am also offering low cost supervision to other counsellors. Please ask for details.
Counselling sessions take place in Twickenham, easily accessible by bus and rail from Whitton, Richmond, Strawberry Hill and Teddington. My TW2 consulting room on Selkirk Road is close to Meadway near Twickenham Green and the A316 with free street parking.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc Gestalt Psychotherapy, Middlesex University - (Metanoia) 2016
- Prof. Dip. Therapeutic Counselling (2008) (integrative model)
- Relational artistry in psychotherapy - Rich Hycner (2015, 2016)
- therapeutic dialogue practicums - Gestalt Centre Wales (2015-17)
- Loosing Sleep - sleep issues in psychotherapy - David Lee (2016)
- attachment and developmental trauma - Richard Erskine (2015)
- Regular Mindfulness and Vippassana Buddhist retreats, Gaia House (2010-2014)
- Trained in working with young people (Off the Record) (2008)
- Trained in couples counselling (Metanoia) (2009)
- Professional training in: anxiety, depression, panic, personality disorders, adolescence, sexuality, self harm, physical abuse, sexual abuse, suicide (Open Door) (2007-8)
- Certificates in Counselling, Counselling Skills and Theory (2006)
- Investment Management Certificate (1999)
- BSc Hons Zoology, 2:2 Manchester University (1996)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Long or short term counselling and psychotherapy, depression, stress, anxiety, low self esteem, low self confidence, bereavement, loss, post-natal depression, redundancy, trauma, illness, loneliness, abuse, anger, finding meaning, personal growth and develoment, culture, sexual issues, sexuality, self awareness, bullying, relationship issues, spiritual counselling, infertility, seperation and divorce, seasonal affective disorder, schizophrenia, personality disorder, bipolar, Skype sessions
Photos & videos
Investment: £60 per session, £75 evening sessions
couples £80 per 1 hour session.
Discounted rates for concessions
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I offer low cost supervision to counsellors while I undertake supervision training (£30 per hour) for individuals or in groups.