Unfortunately I currently have no space for new clients.
I offer confidential counselling and psychotherapy tailored to the unique wishes and needs of each individual. As a relational therapist we will work at your pace, addressing whatever you seek help for non-judgementally, in a way that feels supportive and productive. Whether it is challenging current circumstances or older patterns of feeling or behaviour, or to enhance your wellbeing, I have a wide base of knowledge and experience to draw from.
I have 15 years experience working effectively with clients with depression, anxiety, relationship issues, self esteem, confidence issues, bereavement, fertility, sleep issues, self harm, recovery from abuse, addictions, spirituality and more, both short term and long term. I have worked in agency, education and privately here and abroad.
I work from an integrative therapeutic model (person centred, CBT, gestalt and psychoanalysis), qualified in integrative therapeutic counselling and Gestalt psychotherapy, and trained to work with with adults, couples and adolescents. I'm also an advocate of mindfullness.
DUE TO THE PANDEMIC SESSIONS ARE STILL ONLINE - I HOPE TO ACCEPT FACE TO FACE CLIENTS AGAIN IN SEPTEMBER
[Counselling sessions take place in Twickenham, easily accessible by bus and rail from Whitton, Richmond, Strawberry Hill and Teddington. My TW2 consulting room on Selkirk Road is close to Meadway near Twickenham Green and the A316 with free street parking.]
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc Gestalt Psychotherapy, Middlesex University - (Metanoia) 2016
- Prof. Dip. Therapeutic Counselling (2008) (integrative model)
- Relational artistry in psychotherapy - Rich Hycner (2015, 2016)
- therapeutic dialogue practicums - Gestalt Centre Wales (2015-17)
- Loosing Sleep - sleep issues in psychotherapy - David Lee (2016)
- attachment and developmental trauma - Richard Erskine (2015)
- Regular Mindfulness and Vippassana Buddhist retreats, Gaia House (2010-2014)
- Trained in working with young people (Off the Record) (2008)
- Trained in couples counselling (Metanoia) (2009)
- Professional training in: anxiety, depression, panic, personality disorders, adolescence, sexuality, self harm, physical abuse, sexual abuse, suicide (Open Door) (2007-8)
- Certificates in Counselling, Counselling Skills and Theory (2006)
- Investment Management Certificate (1999)
- BSc Hons Zoology, 2:2 Manchester University (1996)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Long or short term counselling and psychotherapy, depression, stress, anxiety, low self esteem, low self confidence, bereavement, loss, post-natal depression, redundancy, trauma, illness, loneliness, abuse, anger, finding meaning, personal growth and develoment, culture, sexual issues, sexuality, self awareness, bullying, relationship issues, spiritual counselling, infertility, seperation and divorce, seasonal affective disorder, schizophrenia, personality disorder, bipolar, Skype sessions