AS A THERAPIST
As a therapist I'm not your run of the mill therapist, I qualified over 10 years ago and have since worked with many clients with many issues, I've cried, laughed and been to places with clients that have taught me so much about the human condition and how to protect itself will adjust and adapt for short term release from pain even if further down the line the adjustment can become problematic.
It's my role to explore your patterns, blind spots and in some cases denial that can keep you locked in self sabotage, shame, addiction and self harm.
Its the old saying that you can be your own worst enemy, in my opinion very accurate in many cases and it takes someone without judgement or expectation to be able to explore the clients life, choices and view of self which can be very powerful and on the other hand bad stuff happens to good people.
I work from a humanistic modality which believes that we are all born with the drive to be the best we can be, what you will get from me is honesty and it will never be my intension to keep you in therapy any longer than you need to be.
My main training was in Gestalt therapy which deals with the here and now, I will challenge you on how you are feeling in that moment with sensitivity and respect
You will control the pace and direction of the journey.
Training, qualifications & experience
As a therapist i qualified in 2008 after a learning journey of 6 years which included:
- Level 2 counselling skills
- Level 3 counselling skills
- Level 4 diploma in integrative counselling
- Level 5 diploma in integrative counselling
- Post graduate certificate in integrative psychotherapy
- Private practise (Managing director of Alliance counselling services) which specialised in trainee counsellors therapy
Instructor Member course accreditation status
- Adult MHFA Refresher Online (approved)
- Adult Mental Health Aware Half Day Classroom (approved)
- Adult Mental Health Aware Half Day Online (approved)
- Adult MHFA One Day Classroom (approved)
- Adult MHFA One Day Online (approved)
- Adult MHFA Two Day Classroom (approved)
- Online Mental Health First Aid Adult (approved)
- Online Youth Mental Health Champion (approved)
- Online Youth Mental Health First Aid (approved)
- Youth Mental Health Aware Half Day Classroom (approved)
- Youth Mental Health Aware Half Day Online (approved)
- Youth MHFA One Day (approved)
- Youth MHFA Two Day (approved)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£68.00 per session
Free initial telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
my fees are £68 per session via online and now restrictions have been lifted i will be seeing clients face to face
Please click here to get in touch with me by email.