Simon Carpenter EMDR EUR Accrd Practitioner BA counselling /psycho (BACP Accred)
I am Integrative counsellor therapist registered and accredited member of the BACP also a EMDR Europe accredited practitioner, for both adults and children and young people. I work either face to face or on line with ZOOM, Skype, TEAMs, telephone and have undertaken additional training to enable me to practice safely in the current climate. I offer clinical Supervision to support other therapist / counsellors, working within the professional standards required for these professional bodies. I have 15 years experience providing therapeutic intervention for adults, children and young people who have experienced trauma as well as many other presentations . I am qualified to degree level, within a wide range of therapeutic models.Practicing has an integrative therapist with a humanistic foundation. This enables me to be creative and flexible in relation to the way my clients wish to work. I believe that for a therapeutic relationship to work, the client must feel supported , listened as they choose their pathway to achieve their goals. In my experience its vital that the client is in the right place at the right time with the right person.
Alongside my private practice , I have work with adults and children and young people in Schools, Colleges and Universities, CAMHS, Social work, NHS staff ,Police, Fire service, Ambulance service. I have over 15 years experience working with clients that have been privileged to have worked with clients impacted by domestic abuse and or sexual, abuse/ violence. My work includes supporting both : male and female survivors of rape ,sexual abuse, relationship break down, bullying, same sex relationships, self-esteem, attachment issues, adoption and identity issues, suicide ideation , COVID 19 along with most presenting issues.
I also offer clinical supervision for both 1 to 1 and group and trained toHE Level 6 Certificate in Supervision (Individual and Group).
Having recently moved to Southampton to take up a new post as a Counsellor at a local University . I have spent the last 16 years living and working in Cornwall, in which time it enabled me to develop and lead a local charity offering specialised emotional trauma support for all ages , genders, sexual orientation. I am delight delighted to say that having found the charity in 2008 the service continues to thrive!
I am a EMDR UK and Europe accredited practitioner working adults , with children, young people. This therapeutic approach allows me to support clients that may be experiencing PTSD from traumatic incidents in their life (such as car accidents, drowning, violence) , phobias, Anxiety and panic. Some of the symptoms from PTSD can be , night terrors, flashback, problems sleeping, panic, dissociation , enuresis. I have achieved level 2 Dydactic Development Psychotherapy (DDP) training and have regular supervision from a certified DDP Consultant and my work is “DDP-informed”.
I recognise the importance of working within the BACP ethical framework, which informs me of best practice and professional integrity. I can offer therapy in the evenings Mon day to Friday from 5.30pm onwards. My practice is not available in the daytime however I can arrange weekends if requested.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Fully Accredited member of the BACP and registered with UKCC
- Child and adolescent affiliation within BACP
- Accredited Adult and Child practitioner and member of EMDR Europe
- Working towards accredited DDP practitioner status.
- BA Degree in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Diploma and Professional Certificate in Person Centered Therapy
- Professional Certificate in Child and Adolescent Therapy
- OCR certificate in counselling
- Qualified and Register and Accredited practitioner with EMDR Europe in Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR) working with adults and children.
- Diploma in Healthcare and social care management
- HE Level 6 Certificate in Person-centred Supervision (Individual and Group) in group supervision
- Trained level 1 & 2 Daniel Hughes DDP (Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy) which allows me to be "DDP informed"within my practice.
- Certificate in Counselling on Line and Telephone,
- Certificate in rape /Sexual Abuse.
- OCST online workshop
- Open University training On line to support those impacted by COV 19
- Certificate in Childhood loss and grief.
- Certificate in separation / loss using story telling techniques
- Certificate in parental mental health impact on CYP.
- Certificate in Parental substance misuse / impact on children
- Certificate in Working with victims and abusers
- CAMMAT trained in safeguarding children and young people up to date
- Certificate in Eating disorders
- Certificate suicide alertness training
- Sand tray therapy training
- Certificate in Trauma and resilience
- Workshop on the dance of attachment
- Certificate in suicide alertness
- Workshop Compassionate Focused Therapy (CFT)
- Cultural capability training
- CADDA Dash training
- Child Exploitation training -Safe and sound
I have over 17 years experience working in Domestic Abuse and Sexual violence in adults and children and young people. My work includes; male and female rape, domestic violence, sexual abuse, relationship break down, bullying, same sex relationships, self-esteem, attachment issues, adoption and identity issues, road traffic accidents, sudden loss.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
EMDR Association UK
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Adults and Children and Young people within a domestic abuse setting , gender issues, Rape and sexual abuse, same sex couples work , adoption for same sex couples, resilience and trauma, PTSD. This is a complexed area and I have undertaken specialised training to work in this area to ensure the best possible safe practice. I also work with the Fire service, Armed Forces, Police, Prison service and medical personnel.
My fees are :
Face to face sessions: £50.00 per 50 minute session
SKYPE , ZOOM , TEAMS, Sessions :£50.00 per 50 minutes session
EMDR sessions: £60.00 for 60 minute session
Couple counselling: £70.00 per 60 minute session
Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy: £100 per session
A cancellation fee of £50.00 will be charged if less than 24 hours notice given
To ensure that my clients feel safe and comfortable I offer a comfortable therapy private room . It as its own discreet entrance, parking facilities and waiting area.