Simon Carpenter EMDR EUR Accrd Practitioner BA counselling /psycho (BACP Accred)
I am BACP and EMDR Europe accredited practitioner for both adults and children and young people. I work within the professional standards required for these professional bodies. I have 14 years experience providing therapeutic intervention for adults, children and young people who have experienced trauma . I have qualified to degree level, within a wide range of therapeutic models and practicing as an integrative therapist within a humanistic foundation. This enables me to be creative and flexible in relation to the way my clients wish to work. I feel passionately that the therapeutic relationship is the key to being able to be alongside the client, supporting them as they choose their path, and that the client needs to be in the right place at the right time with the right person.
Alongside my private practice I have worked with adults and children and young people in Schools, Colleges and Universities. I have over 16 years experience working with clients that have been exposed to domestic abuse and or sexual, abuse/ violence. My work includes: male and female rape ,sexual abuse, relationship break down, bullying, same sex relationships, self-esteem, attachment issues, adoption and identity issues. I also provide supervision for other counsellors and therapists.
Having recently moved to Southampton to take up a new post as an EMDR Trauma specialist with a national organisation. I have spent the last 16 years living and working in Cornwall, in which time it enabled me to develop a successful local charity offering specialised emotional trauma support for all ages , genders, sexual orientation. I am delight delighted to say that having found the charity in 2008 the service continues to thrive!
I am a EMDR UK and Europe accredited practitioner working adults , with children, young people. This therapeutic approach allows me to support clients that may be experiencing PTSD from traumatic incidents in their life (such as car accidents, drowning, violence) , phobias, Anxiety and panic. Some of the symptoms from PTSD can be , night terrors, flashback, problems sleeping, panic, dissociation , enuresis. I have achieved level 2 Dydactic Development Psychotherapy (DDP) training and have regular supervision from a certified DDP Consultant and my work is “DDP-informed”.
I also offer supervision for both 1 to 1 and group and trained toHE Level 6 Certificate in Person-centred Supervision (Individual and Group).
I recognise the importance of working within the BACP ethical framework, which informs me of best practice and professional integrity. I can offer therapy in the evenings from 5.30pm onwards. My practice is not available in the daytime however I can arrange weekends if requested.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Fully Accredited member of the BACP and registered with UKCC
- Child and adolescent affiliation within BACP
- Accredited Adult and Child practitioner and member of EMDR Europe
- Working towards accredited DDP practitioner status.
- BA Degree in Counselling and Psycotherapy
- Diploma and Professional Certificate in Person Centered Therapy
- Professional Certificate in Child and Adolescent Therapy
- OCR certificate in counselling
- Qualified and Register and Accredited practitioner with EMDR Europe in Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR) working with adults and children.
- Diploma in Healthcare and social care management
- HE Level 6 Certificate in Person-centred Supervision (Individual and Group) in group supervision
- Trained level 1 & 2 Daniel Hughes DDP (Dyadic Developmental Psycotherapy) which allows me to be "DDP informed"within my practice.
- Certificate in rape /Sexual Abuse.
- Certificate in Childhood loss and grief.
- Certificate in separation / loss using story telling techniques
- Certificate in parental mental health impact on CYP.
- Certificate in Parental substance misuse / impact on children
- Certificate in Working with victims and abusers
- CAMMAT trained in safeguarding children and young people up to date
- Certificate in Eating disorders
- Certificate suicide alertness training
- Sand tray therapy training
- Certificate in Trauma and resilience
- Workshop on the dance of attachment
- Certificate in suicide alertness
- Workshop Compassionate Focused Therapy (CFT)
- Cultural capability training
- CADDA Dash training
- Child Exploitation training -Safe and sound
I have over 15 years experience working in Domestic Abuse and Sexual violence in adults and children and young people. My work includes; male and female rape, sexual abuse, relationship break down, bullying, same sex relationships, self-esteem, attachment issues, adoption and identity issues.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Adults and Children and Young people within a domestic abuse setting , gender issues, Rape and sexual abuse, same sex couples work , adoption for same sex couples, resilience and trauma. This is a highly specialised area and I have undertaken specialised training to work in this area to ensur ethe best possible safe practice.
Photos & videos
My fees are :
Face to face sessions: £50.00 per 60 minute session
SKYPE Sessions :£50.00 per 60 minutes session
EMDR sessions: £60.00 for 60 minute session
Couple counselling: £70.00 per 60 minute session
Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy: £100 per session
A cancellation fee of £50.00 will be charged if less than 24 hours notice given
To ensure that my clients feel safe and comfortable I offer a comfortable therapy private room . It offers its own discreet entrance, parking facilities and waiting area.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
my practice is available from 6pm Monday to Friday and saturdays 9 am - 12
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am integrative supervisor trained to a BA level for both 1 to1 and group.