Mary Pelham, MSc Integ. Psych., UKCP Reg., MBACP Reg.
Worcester Park, Wimbledon, Sutton, Raynes Park, Epsom and Ewell, Kingston, SW London
I am an integrative-relational counsellor and psychotherapist with 20 years experience. I offer confidential support and understanding to enable individuals and couples take the necessary steps towards coping with life's difficulties.
I provide brief counselling as well as more in-depth, longer-term individual therapy, couples counselling, CBT, solution-focussed brief therapy, group therapy, young people's counselling, supervision, and coaching.
I work with a wide range of issues such as relationships; bereavement; depression; family issues; low self-esteem; anger management; stress and anxiety; trauma; health issues, abuse, adolescence, cross-cultural relationships, weight loss (see full list below) and incorporate mindfulness practice to assist you to you to live a calmer, more stress-free life.
I facilitate this work using a holistic approach which respects your values, difference and uniqueness and I will help you to understand your problems and to recognize your inner strengths and capacity for personal growth and change.
I abide by the professional Code of Ethics of UKCP, BACP and Metanoia Institute.
- 5 minutes from the A3, bus routes and Worcester Park Station (SW Rail).
- Plenty of free parking
- Daytime and evening sessions.
If you would like to find out if I am the right counsellor for you please telephone or email. An initial session will enable you to see whether we are able to form a good working relationship and to further explore what you want from therapy before making any commitment.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc Integrative Psychotherapy (Middx University.Metanoia Inst)
- Post-graduate Certificate Integrative Supervision
- Post-graduate Certificate Integrative Counselling and Coaching (University of East London - ongoing)
- Clinical Diploma Integrative Psychotherapy (Metanoia Institute)
- Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (DTLLS)
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Humanistic Counselling
- Trainer (16 years experience working with support professionals)
- Bereavement Counsellor (18 years experience)
- Certificate 'Attachment From Cradle to Grave'
- Certificate Life Coaching
- Practitioner Certificate Process Group Facilitation
- Counselling for young people
- Alcohol Counsellor
- Trauma counsellor with specialism in supporting survivors of rape, sexual abuse, violence
- Specialist experience of working with Domestic Abuse (15 years)
- Associate Lecturer Middlesex University
- Counselling Tutor - Level 4/5 Counselling Diploma
- Supervisor of individuals and groups (See "Supervisor" listing
- Personal Consultancy/coaching (see Life Coach Directory)
- MBSR - Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Advanced Diploma in Nutrition
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Telephone counselling
- Counselling for young people
- Supervision for counsellors and trainees
- Coaching /Counselling for weight loss, eating disorders, assertiveness, career change, etc.
- Group Therapy
- Training - workshops
- Anxiety and Stress
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
£60 per 1 hour session (individual or group)
£80 per 1 hour session Couples
£65 " " Supervision (individual or group)
Performance Coaching/Personal Consultancy/groupwork available @ Mary Pelham Personal Consultancy - to be agreed according to your needs.
Concessions available to students and people on low income.
I am also an experienced trainer, facilitator and university lecturer.
Registered practitioner with BUPA and AVIVA.
(UKCP) UK Assocation for Counselling and Psychotherapy
I am a UKCP approved supervisor
(BACP) British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy - on the BACP Register of Counsellors
Metanoia Institute - Metanoia Primary Supervisor
(IFL) Institute for Learning
I abide the code of ethics of the above organisations
BACP Children and Young People Division
BACP Coaching Division (I am a network group organiser for the BACPC Central London group)
Assocation for Coaching
UKAPI (United Kingdom Association for Psychotherapy Integration)
Association of Integrated Coaching and Therapy Professionals (AICTP)
I am committed to continuing professional development
I am fully insured
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
8:00am - 8:00pm Monday - Thursday,
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a UKCP registered psychotherapist and approved supervisor. I am a Member of BACP, listed on their Register of Counsellors. I am also on the Metanoia list of approved supervisors.View supervision profile