Sunna Stein - MSc Psychological Therapies - Concessions available
I am a psychological therapist offering both short and longer term work from my private practice in Tufnell Park. As a therapist I am able to offer you a safe and supportive space to work through your particular challenges.
Psychological therapies, such as cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), are similar to counselling and psychotherapy. The difference is that psychological therapy tends to be more structured and problem focused. This may involve us identifying certain problems that you would like to work on and creating a plan for this work. Some people prefer a less structured approach and that is fine too, it would be your therapy and we would decide together how to move forward.
I chose to train as a psychological therapist as this enables me to work flexibly with the different problems clients may be facing. Some clients may only need six sessions of structured problem focused therapy, while others may benefit from a slower more explorative approach. This is something we would discuss at your assessment session.
I understand how daunting it can feel to seek the help of a therapist. I would advise clients to call a few therapists to see who felt most comfortable to them.
- You can email me and I will aim to call you back within 1-3 days.
- We can then talk over the phone and I can answer any questions you might have.
- If you decide that you feel comfortable and want to move forward with me then we can arrange an assessment session.
- The assessment session would last up to 90 minutes (usual sessions are 50 minutes). This is a longer session so that we have time to talk about what's been troubling you and what you would like to get out of therapy.
- If you're happy to continue we'll set up a second session, and arrange to meet weekly/fortnightly etc.
- Sometimes myself or a client may feel that another type of therapy may be more suitable to their particular problem, in which case I would aim to refer you on to a suitable therapist.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have many years of experience working with the challenges people face. Whether working with couples or individuals, I bring warmth, support and a commitment to working with you. I believe that every person has the ability to work through their problems, however daunting it may feel.
I work with clients with issues such as anxiety, generalised anxiety disorder, and depression. I also work with clients around issues relating to work, relationships, family, affairs, betrayals, separation and divorce.
British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists
MSc Psychological Therapies, BSc Psychology, Certification to Practice in Community Mediation
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
Photos & videos
- Initial session: £50 (60-90mins)
- Individual therapy: £50 per session (50mins)
- Couples counselling: £80 per session (80mins)
* Some concessions are available for those on lower incomes.
* I accept cash, cheque or bank transfer (debit/credit card payments not available).
* Sessions cancelled with less than 24 hours notice are charged at 50% of the usual fee.
* Sessions cancelled with less than 2 hours notice are charged at the full rate.
My practice is on the 1st floor and unfortunately there is no lift access.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytimes, evenings and weekends
Types of client