Ian Stockbridge - CBT Therapist - Dip (CBT), Dip (Counselling), MBACP, MBABCP
07379 538411 / 07379 538411
I understand how nerve-racking entering therapy can be. As an experienced and qualified CBT Therapist and Counsellor, I work collaboratively with you to offer a tailor-made approach depending on your individual needs. At all times we will work at your pace, with compassion and confidentiality at the core of what we do.
I have private practices based across Oxfordshire as well as considerable experience within major charities focusing on such areas as Mental Health, Bereavement, Autism, Suicide and Crisis Support.
I support clients with a variety of needs, specialising in Depression, Anxiety, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, Phobias, Self Esteem, Relationship issues, Bereavement and Loss as well as having a particular interest in Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Professional standards are incredibly important to me. As a member of both professional bodies the BACP and BABCP, I maintain high standards and work within a strict ethical framework.
In life, we can be faced with many different emotional challenges ranging from such things as loss, bereavement, Relationship Issues and changes to our situation or personal circumstances. I work using a variety of approaches depending on the client and their needs and preferences, including Person Centered Counselling, Mindfulness and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
Having worked in Directorial and Senior Management positions for over 20 years, I have firsthand experience of seeing how people’s complex needs can impact their everyday lives. This can lead to a sense of desperation and helplessness along with a sense of mental or emotional exhaustion. Often people are unable or afraid to reach out and ask for help, either at work or to those closest to them. I am able to offer a professional specialist service, both independent and separate from your every day life. But together we can work on those things that often affect you the most.
I help you explore your options so you can make decisions that are right for you.
Please feel free to contact me by email or telephone for a completely confidential and no obligation chat.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 5 Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate of Proficiency (BACP)
- Diploma in Mindfulness
- Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Certificate in Mental Health Awareness
- Cruse Bereavement Care - Bereavement Training
- Complicated Grief
- Samaritans Suicide Training
- Suicide Awareness Training
- Attachment Theory
- CBT & Aggression
- Anger Management Training
- Working with Violent Behaviour
- Transference & Countertransference
- Working with Anxiety and Depression
- Working with OCD
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Weekend Rates are £65.00 for a 50 minute session
- Evening & Daytime Rates £55.00 for a 50 minute session
- I offer discounted rates for bulk purchase opportunities.
- I offer discounts of £10.00 off of my standard rates in my Wantage practice for Counselling Students
- I am also able to offer a limited number of clients a reduced rate in my Wantage practice, depending on their financial situation e.g. OAPs and Unemployed.
Please call or email me with any questions you may have. Skype or Face time Counselling is available as well as face to face Counselling/CBT.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekend, Evening and Daytime availability.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|