Phil Atkins - Registered Member MBACP (Accred) - 026618
- BACP Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist - Registered Member
MBACP (Accred) - 026618.
I am a qualified Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (CBT) trained in the use of The Comprehensive Resource Model (CRM), Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR), and Schema Therapy - working from a strong Humanistic bias.
Registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO)
Registration Reference No: Z3639237 http://www.ico.org.uk
- EMDR Association UK & Ireland ........ http://www.emdrassociation.org.uk/
- UK Psychological Trauma Society (UKPTS) ........ http://www.ukpts.co.uk/
- European Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (ESTSS) .... http://www.estss.org/
I have experience of successfully working with clients from a Humanistic perspective using CBT and/or EMDR (integrating other modalities as appropriate), in the following areas:-
- addictions (drug, alcohol, gambling, sex and internet pornography)
- anger management /stress management
- anxiety and panic
- bereavement / loss
- confidence / self-esteem
- relationship issues
- TRAUMA (Big T = road traffic accidents, abuse, suicide survivor, etc and Little t = anything from the past that 'still lives within')
- suicidal feelings
- work related issues
NO judgement here, just understanding and empathic support.
Training, qualifications & experience
Post-graduate Diploma in Counselling (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) from Newport University.
Post-graduate Diploma in Project Management (DipProjMan RICS) from College of Estate Management, Reading University.
Comprehensive Resource Model (CRM) - http://www.comprehensiveresourcemodel.com/
Basic training module with Lisa Schwarz (developer) and Dr Frank Corrigan ... http://comprehensiveresourcemodel.com/psychiatrists-review-crm/
Advanced Core Self with The Comprehensive Resource Model (CRM)
Advanced training module with Lisa Schwarz (developer) and Dr Frank Corrigan ... Edinburgh - October 2016
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Parts 1, 2 & 3 - EMDR Institute - Dr Michael Paterson .... in accordance with EMDR Europe requirements. - 2010/11.
EMDR and Ego State Therapy: Healing complex trauma and dissociation (T1009)- EMDR Institute - advanced training with Dr Michael Paterson - Manchester 2011
EMDR Beyond PTSD: Attachment and Trauma - Workshop facilitated by the EMDR Association of UK and Ireland - Newcastle March 2013.
EMDR: Use of art therapy techniques with adults and children.
EMDR with eating disorders and trauma: Adults and children.
EMDR and family therapy with parents and children.
Workshops facilitated by the EMDR Association of UK and Ireland - Wales region - May 2013.
Attachment Focused EMDR: Healing developmental deficits and Adults abused as children - Advanced training with Dr Laurel Parnell - Ph.D. ....... facilitated by The Northern Centre for Mindfulness and Compassion - York Sept 2013.
EMDR and the Treatment of Health-related problems - Training with Carol Forgash - LCSW, BCD......... facilitated by KR Trauma Support - Manchester - Nov 2013
EMDR and Dissociation: The Progressive Approach - Treating complex trauma and personality disorders - Training with Dolores Mosquera http://www.intra-tp.com/personal/1-2-2-0.htm
........... facilitated by The London Psychotherapy and Trauma Centre - University of Westminster - Nov 2014
EMDR - Treating Anger, Resentment & Revenge - Training workshop with Herman Veerbeek .......
http://emdr2014.com/speaker/herman-veerbeek ....... facilitated by the Northwest Psychology Consultants - Liverpool - February 2015
Feeling-State Addiction Protocol (FSAP) - FSAP for EMDR trained clinicians. Workshop with Robert Miller ...... - Training at Imperial College, London - July 2015
FSAP is a treatment for behavioral and substance addiction, co-dependence, anger issues, and many other difficult-to-treat behaviors
Hypnotherapy training for Counsellors (BACP endorsed) ....... - May 2014
Schema Therapy - Jeffrey Young - Imperial College London
Schema Therapy for Borderline Personality Disorder - Jeffrey Young - Imperial College, London.
Advanced Schema Therapy - Jeffrey Young - University College London
All Schema courses with the Wimbledon Guild
8 month Mindfulness course - Samye Foundation Wales - March to December 2014
Mindfulness based stress reduction - Training course presented by Lorraine Harris - Samye Foundation Wales .... http://www.sfwales.org/ - January to March 2014
Teaching clients to use mindfulness skills - Stanton & Dunkley
Various training with the United Kingdom Psychological Trauma Society (UKPTS) ... www.ukpts.co.uk
- Intro to Traumatic Stress (Part 1) - Events, reactions, conceptualisations and neurobiology
- Intro to Traumatic Stress (Part 2) - Psychological & Pharmacological Management
- Child & Adolescent Trauma
- Psychological therapy for PTSD and comorbid drug/alcohol misuse
- Narrative Exposure Therapy - Hakon Stenmark and Merethe Hellen
- Organisational Management of Traumatic Stress
- Medically Unexplained Physical Symptoms (MUPS) & PTSD
- Couples Therapy for PTSD using Cognitive Behavioural Conjoint Therapy - Clare Crole-Rees & Neil Kitchiner
- The development and facilitation of an emotion & memory group programme for the treatment of Complex PTSD - Dr Georgina Clifford
Enhancing interpersonally & emotionally sensitive CBT - Workshop presented by Dr Frank Wills, facilitated by University of South Wales - Glyntaff - July 2013
Theory and Practice of Cognitive Node-Link mapping - Turning Point
CBT for substance dependence - Clinical Psychology Associates
Bereavement counselling - various - CRUSE Swansea and Carmarthen
Transactional Analysis (TA101) - Welsh Psychotherapy Partnership - Dr Juan Delport
Creative Arts in Counselling - Swansea University
Working with Families - Newport University
Diversity - Lessons from Transgender Clients - Swansea University
Working therapeutically in the field of HIV - Christie O'Connor
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship issues
Initial assessment session of up to 90 mins for £40 - private clients only (EAP and Medico-legal referrals negotiable)
Subsequent costs depend on the type of counselling used :-
- CBT therapy sessions of 50-60 minutes.
- CRM and EMDR therapy sessions of up to 90 minutes.
- evening/weekend appointments
Evening and Weekend sessions are negotiable.
Home visits are negotiable.
GP, Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP) and Company referrals are welcomed.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||English only|
Flexible regarding availability
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|