Dr Wendy Clochet
I am a chartered counselling psychologist registered with the British Psychological Society (BPS) and HCPC (PYL28339). I work for a charity with 16-25 year olds to prevent homelessness and I also work privately in Durham on a Saturday.
I have previously worked as a specialist counselling psychologist within a pain management service. I am a trained cognitive behavioural therapist (CBT)and EMDR practitioner and I have experience of working in an affective disorders team in County Durham. During my time with the affective disorders team I worked with service users who were experiencing mental health difficulties such as depression, anxiety, personality disorders, psychosis, OCD, PTSD etc.
Prior to this I worked just under 6 years within an IAPT (increasing access to psychological therapies) service. Within the IAPT service I worked with individuals who were experiencing common mental health difficulties such as depression, anxiety, phobias, OCD, PTSD etc.
During my doctorate in counselling psychology training which I completed in 2012, I have been fortunate enough to have had the opportunity of working in an array of different settings both long term and short term with a variety of mental health difficulties. These have included the voluntary sector - bereavement, domestic violence services, and within police custody.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Specialist Chartered Counselling Psychologist, Chronic Pain Management Service
- Private Practice in Durham City Centre as a Chartered and HCPC registered Counselling Psychologist
- Applied Psychologist within an Affective Disorders Team
- Writing Court Reports as an Expert Witness ( Chartered Counselling Psychologist)
- IAPT High Intensity Therapist (Cognitive Behavioural Therapist)
- Arrest Referral Worker (Focus on Offending Behaviours, Alcohol and Drugs)
Education and Qualifications
- BPS Accredited Supervisor
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy (working towards)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Forensic Psychology at the University of Teesside
- Accredited Drug and Alcohol Professional (Core Competencies Drugs Qualification (DANOS Standards))
- Post Graduate Diploma Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology
- Diploma in Counselling Psychology
- Certificate in Counselling Skills and Theory
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£70.00 per session
EAP/Health Insurance Providers
Therapy Session (online or face to face): £70 (50-60minutes)
EMDR (online or face to face): £105 (90minutes)
Trainee psychologists both therapy and supervision (online or face to face): £50 (50-60minutes)
I offer online appointments during the week and face to face appointments on a Saturday.
I am registered with the following insurance providers: AXA, AVIVA, WPA and Vitality.