I am a qualified, MBACP Person-Centred Integrative Counsellor with extensive knowledge of implementing a Person-Centred approach, Existential Psychotherapy, Solution Focused (SF) interventions, Play Therapy from a humanistic theoretical base which also includes Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) interventions, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Motivational Interviewing.
I also, possess a broad range of counselling skill-set and high levels of empathy and understanding which have been forged upon experience of counselling individuals with a wide range of difficulties, coupled with a backdrop of experience of working with children, adolescent and vulnerable adults within a university setting, social care environment which include Looked After Children (LAC) presenting issues with attachment disorder: avoidant, ambivalent and disorganised attachment styles.
I have over nine years of experience working with children within a school and care environment with presenting behaviours such as: non-compliant and defiant, sexualised behaviours and controlling, (SEN) special educational needs and behaviour management techniques. Also, I have experience of working with vulnerable adults within a care home environment with issues such as dementia, Alzheimer’s, palliative care & challenging behaviour.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CBT Level 6
- MA – Psychology – ongoing UCLAN Preston Lancashire
- BAs [Hons] - Counselling with Brief Interventions Lancaster University
- FDA – Counselling with Brief Interventions Lancaster University
- NLP Diploma, Practitioner Sanctuary of Healing
- Level 2 Counselling Certificate Preston Collage
- A1 [NVQ Assessor] Award – Adult Social Care Anchor Trust
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£40.00 a session
£60.00 per couple or family session
- Excellent understanding of the practical application of the policies and standards and the ethical framework of the BACP [British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy] and the BPS [British Psychological Society
- Recognition of the need for ongoing personal and professional self-development and improvement of skills; reading a host of therapy books, including authors such as Carl Rogers; Garry L. Landreth; Louise Michelle Bomber’ Dr Robert Miller, PhD and Dan Hughes broadening horizons and expanding personal knowledge-base
- Fully conversant with operating within the Data Protection Act; using discretion; tact; sensitivity and confidentiality as a cornerstone of therapeutic practices
- Forged strong collaborative networks with internal and external partners to increase professional effectiveness
- Utilising IT tools to create efficient and streamlined administration; client notes and records and accurate diary management