A highly motivated counselling professional in supporting adult clients with a wide range of issues via agreed flexible contract arrangements. Adaptable to and resourceful with changing client circumstances.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 9 years and over 1000 clinical hours in providing counselling support to adult clients in 5 agencies, using skills from 4 major counselling models
- Good understanding of professional counselling boundaries, ethical principles and regulations
- Approachable, enthusiastic, committed and supportive
- Reliable and punctual
- Willing to persevere when progress seems difficult or slow
- Considering the clients’ needs as the highest priority
- Ability to signpost if appropriate
Volunteer counsellor, supporting adult clients with issues such as anxiety, bereavement, depression, relationship problems and health issues, self-esteem/confidence and working with an integrative approach using CBT skills, psychodynamic, Transactional Analysis and Person-Centred approaches
Training, qualifications & experience
COUNSELLING TRAINING AND DATES
Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Examining Body courses:
- Ø Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Counselling Skills 2006
- Ø Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills 2007
- Ø Level 3 Certificate in Advanced Counselling Skills 2008
University of Greenwich courses:
- Ø Foundation degree in Integrative Counselling 2011
- Ø BA (Hons) degree in Counselling 2013
Stonebridge Associated Colleges courses:
- Ø Grief & Bereavement Counselling Level 3 2014
- Ø Stress Counselling in the Workplace diploma course 2016
Link Centre, Plumpton College Sussex Rural Business Centre:
- Ø Foundation Certificate in Transactional Analysis Theory 2019
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Negotiable, from £30 per session.
Home visits possible.