U. Christian Ilodibe
I work from a Person-Centred approach of counselling and psychotherapy which believes in the uniqueness of all individual. I will work in a non-judgemental way to help you understand yourself better and reach your own solutions to resolve or cope with your situation. Together we will work towards creating a relationship in which you may take responsibility for yourself and positively value and celebrate your differences.
With the use of Person-centred skills and creative techniques, I will be at every step with you, to offer you a safe haven for reflection; to come to your own solutions to alleviate those symptoms of personal distress and suffering; to enhance your well-being and capabilities; and improve the quality of your life and relationships with your family and friends.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have BA (Hons) in Person-centred counselling, which has helped in my understanding of various issues we face in our daily lives, garnered during my training and working with various clients and offering pastoral care to members of my local community.
These issues may include but not limited to depression, anxiety, bereavement, stress, trauma, divorce, etc. Sometimes, we cope with these issues and sometimes we can't, and that is when it starts to affect our mental health. I can't promise to make it all go away but I can help by providing you with a safe space to reflect and be empowered to actualise your potential and improve the quality of your life.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Individual - £40 per session.
Students, Adolescents & Senior Citizens - £30 per session.
Couples - £60 per session.
Family - £70 per session.
**Discounted rates are available when booking 6 sessions in advance**
Payment may be made in cash, Mobile (PayM), PayPal, or by bank transfer.
- hear voices telling you to self-harm or hurt the people around you?
- feel angry all the time and/or wonder if you will ever get over that grief?
- feel low and have been feeling like this for too long?
- or any member of your family suffers from a chronic illness and have a lot off stuff going on such as loss of a job, that begs you to wonder your place in life.
Are you …….
- a young person and yet unhappy and struggling to find an identity that you feel it’s yours?
- in a relationship and yet feel lonely or do all your relationships seem to end disastrously? And you wonder if it is you.
- a veteran or just been released from prison and finding it hard to fit into the community?
- a victim of bullying, abuse or neglected as a child or as an adult, and don't have anyone to talk to?
- in the process of divorce or separation, or in desperate need of a good couple counsellor?
- retired, bereaved, feeling lonely and isolated, and you’ve got no one to talk to.
*Why not call for a brief chat or to discuss how we can work together.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime: Mon - Fri (9:30am - 5:30pm);
Saturdays (9am - 1pm).
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|