Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
UPDATE FEES: My usual fee is £45. However, I have introduced a sliding scale, to help provide those who are experiencing financial hardship at this time with the support they need. So, please don't struggle alone, feel free to contact me to discuss this further.
Hello, my name is Tracy and I am a counsellor based in the Eden Valley area of Cumbria. I also offer counselling online and via telephone. I counsel both adults and young people on a short or long-term basis. Thank you for taking the time to look at my profile. I hope you find the information you a looking for here, if not please feel free to get in touch.
I appreciate taking that first step to arrange counselling isn't always an easy thing to do. Maybe this is the first time you have considered counselling. So, I want to reassure you that whilst counselling isn't always an easy process, it can be an incredibly healing and beneficial process enabling you to move forward in life. I have been a client myself over the years, and I understand the importance of finding a counsellor you feel a connection with.
I offer an empathic, understanding, non-judgemental, and compassionate approach within a safe, confidential space where I can listen and support you.
As a counsellor, I can't tell you what to do, or 'fix' a situation for you. What I can do is listen, and support you in talking things through. This can enable you to make sense of your current situation, and help you forward in life. Sometimes a counselling appointment can simply be a place to talk and offload. It can also be a place to explore strategies and solutions for how to work through a particular situation.
Some of my areas of experience are; anxiety, depression, anger, stress, family/relationship issues, childhood trauma, self-harm, low self-esteem/confidence, bereavement/loss, emotional eating/relationships with food, work-related issues, bullying, and loneliness.
With all new clients, I suggest an initial consultation where we can discuss how I might help you. This is also an opportunity for us to explore what support you might need and how counselling might support you. I work with both adults and children with a variety of issues.
Counselling is very much a two-way process. As a counsellor, whilst I can't give you the answers, I can support you in navigating through any challenges, or difficulties you might be facing. Maybe you aren't too sure how counselling might help you, and perhaps you have a few questions about how it might benefit you. If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch to find out more.
In addition to working privately, I have also worked within the following organisations as a counsellor.
- School counsellor within both secondary and primary schools
- 3 years of community counselling service
- Providing counselling to staff in educational establishments
- 5 years with the YMCA as part of their Open House Youth Counselling
- I have over 20 years of experience working in educational establishments from primary to university education as both a counsellor and youth worker
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Counselling (2002)
- Registered member of the National Counselling and Psychotherapy Society (2023)
- BA Hons in Youth and Community Studies 2.1 (2010)
- Diploma in Nursery Nursing (NNEB) (1994)
- DBS checked
- Registered with the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) this ensures that the information you share with me is stored safely
My practice is located in the Eden Valley in North Cumbria within easy reach of Carlisle, Penrith, Brampton, and Southern Scotland. However, I can work with people across the UK online via Teams or telephone. I am a humanistic/person-centred trained counsellor. However, I see each client as being unique and therefore use a range of different approaches appropriate to the needs of the individual client.
Training, qualifications & experience
I regularly attend trainings and courses to support my counselling work.
- 2023 Introduction to Adverse Childhood Experiences
- 2021- Inner Child Healing Diploma. Centre of Excellence
- 2021 - Ho'oponopono - The Art of Forgiveness. Centre of Excellence
- 2021- Anxiety Management Diploma. Centre of Excellence
- 2020- Mindfulness Diploma. Centre of Excellence
- 2012 - Surrey Nurturing Links...Parenting Puzzle Group Leader training
- 2007-2010 BA Hons Youth and Community Studies
- 2005-2006 NVQ Level 2 in Youth Work
- 2002-2003 City and Guilds Certificate in Adult Teaching Stage 1
- 1999-2002 Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Counselling
- 1998-1999 Certificate in Counselling Theory
- 1998-1999 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- 1992-1994 NNEB (Diploma in Nursery Nursing)
- 2000-2002. Trainee counsellor. University of Portsmouth Counselling Service
- 2001-2004. Trainee/Volunteer counsellor. Crossways Counselling Service. Haslemere, Surrey
- 2004-2007. Volunteer counsellor. Open House Youth Counselling Service. Guildford YMCA
- 2008-2009. Counsellor support worker in primary schools. Monmouthshire Youth Service
- 2019-2022. Secondary school counsellor. Cumbria
I have an interest in people's relationship with food, and how it impacts their emotional wellbeing. I have run some successful sugar-free workshops.
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
The National Counselling and Psychotherapy Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£25.00 - £45.00
Concessions offered for
My usual fee is £45. However, for those in financial difficulties, I offer a sliding scale. If you are struggling at this time and need some support, yet worried about the cost, let's talk and see if we can find a solution, so you can access the support you need at this time.
I accept cash and bank transfers. For the first session, I require cash. Please note I do not currently have facilities for card payment.
When I work
Please note I work both on a face to face basis, online via teams and via telephone.
In addition to my counselling experience, I have over 20 years of experience of working with children, and young people from 0-25. I have a BA Hons in Youth and Community Studies, and a Diploma in Nursery Nursing (NNEB), and have worked in various areas including as a nursery nurse, nanny, home school link worker, youth worker, and mentor.
I have also taught interpersonal, and counselling skills at a further education college.