Therapy Central - Dr Amy Smith
At the heart of our philosophy is the belief that psychological and emotional difficulties are often our response to the challenges we face every day. Whether you are experiencing anxiety, worry, anger or low mood, we know that there is a good reason to feel that way, and an even better one to change it. We have a team of experienced and qualified therapists who provide talking therapy/counselling and coaching to support individuals, of all ages, experiencing a range of issues including:
- Anxiety including Generalised Anxiety (GAD) Phobias, Health Anxiety (otherwise known as Hypochondria) and Social Anxiety (SAD)
- Post-natal depression
- Low self-esteem/confidence
- Relationship difficulties
- Work and Career related issues
- Eating Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Sexual Abuse
- Physical health problems, including IBS, pain, M.E./chronic fatigue
- Childhood issues
- Personality Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Gender issues
- Sexuality and Sexual Issues
- Assertiveness training
- Sleep Difficulties
- We offer short, medium and long term therapy.
- Therapy is usually face-to-face and on an individual basis.
- We can provide therapy via Skype if preferred and we also offer Couples Therapy and Family Therapy.
- We aim to offer you sessions as soon as possible with no or a very short wait time.
- We are highly flexible, offering therapy slots 7 days per week from 8am until 10pm.
- Therapy Central is based in the heart of London and is easily reachable by public transport.
- We understand that therapy can be a daunting prospect, therefore we have created comfortable rooms with a relaxing atmosphere.
- We provide a confidential service and our warm and compassionate therapists endeavour to put you at ease.
Training, qualifications & experience
Our therapists are qualified and highly skilled clinical or counselling psychologists, and psychotherapists. They all hold membership with professional bodies such as HCPC and BACP covering a wealth of experience working with different issues. They adhere to the highest professional and ethical standards.
Member organisations *
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Eating disorders
- Gender dysphoria
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Couples counselling
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
Photos & videos
Fees for sessions:
Individual therapy with qualified therapist £95
Individual therapy with a trainee therapist £55
Concessions: students, low income £60
Couples Therapy £115
Our therapists are also registered with a number of insurance companies.
I am Dr. Amy Smith, Counselling Psychologist and Director at Therapy Central.
I have experience of working with individuals with a range of difficulties of varying severity including anxiety, depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, eating difficulties, physical health difficulties, psychosis, low self-esteem, relationship difficulties and work related stress. I have worked in a range of settings and in diverse communities.
I work in an integrative way, drawing upon different therapeutic models to meet individual needs. I often employ Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy and Schema Therapy in my client work.
I am passionate about helping individuals to explore and make sense of their difficulties. I collaboratively work with individuals to help them become more aware of and address patterns that unwittingly keep them stuck in order to bring about change. I aim to help individuals feel empowered and thereby help them live a more fulfilling, satisfying life whilst supporting them through any challenges they might face.
I feel that it is important that a strong therapeutic relationship is developed to allow individuals to feel safe and comfortable. I am relatable and down-to-earth which can help individuals feel at ease. I deliver a warm, compassionate and non-judgemental therapeutic approach.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Italian, Greek|
Monday to Saturday 8am - 10pm
Types of client