Suzie White~Dovetail Counselling Service~Reg MBACP, PG Diploma in Counselling
I have resumed face to face sessions, please see my website for more information.
Hello I am Suzie, a qualified and registered counsellor with 18 years' experience working with a vast array of issues. Are any of these familiar to you?
- struggling to cope
- unable to get over a loss
- low self-esteem and confidence
- overthinking, catastrophising, negative and anxious thoughts
- relationship problems you are unable to resolve
- not able to stand up for yourself and what you want
- extreme anger, stress or frustration that feels out of your control
- feeling empty, depressed, confused, numb, lost, guilty, ashamed or alone
- believe you don’t deserve to feel happy
If so, counselling can help you by giving you time to work through your past and present issues and learn new coping strategies that can leave you-
- feeling alive, positive, assertive and in control of your life
- with good self-esteem and confidence
- the communication skills improving your relationships
- believing you deserve to, and being happy
- the techniques to cope better with any problems in the future
Let me help you, just make the first step by contacting me, or see my available appointments and book online here- https://10to8.com/book/gholjz-free/.
(I aim to reply to messages within 24 hours. If after that time you haven't received an email from me please check your email spam folder.)
Training, qualifications & experience
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) Levels 1 & 2. EFT & Matrix Reimprinting Academy, 2019.
- Mindfulness Diploma. The Centre of Excellence, 2019.
- Pet Bereavement Counsellor Diploma. The Centre of Excellence, 2019.
- The Foundation of Infant Loss Accredited Training Course. 2018
- Certificate in Couples Therapy Course, five of six modules completed on; The Fundamentals of Couples Counselling, Meeting Your Partners Needs, Dealing with Affairs, Communication and Differences and Couples in Conflict. The College of Sex and Relationship Therapists. 2017- 2018
- Children and Young People Bereavement Counselling. Cruse Bereavement Care. 2003
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling. University of Wales. 2002
- Accredited Bereavement Counsellor. Cruse Bereavement Care. 2002
- Supporting People after a Traumatic Event. Cruse Bereavement Care. 2002
- Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling. University of Wales, 2001
- Preliminary Certificate in Social Care. Newport College of FE, 1987
Training Days and Conferences
Abuse, Alcohol, Anger and Rage, Anxiety and OCD, Asperger’s Syndrome, Attachment, Bullying, Breathe Awareness, Depression, Data Protection, Conflict Awareness, Critical Incident, Diversity, Culture and Racism, Domestic Abuse, Dream Therapy, Drugs, Eating Disorders, First Person Plural, Gambling, Groupwork, Honour Based Violence, Forced Marriage and FGM, Imagework, LGBT, Mindfulness, Motivational Interviewing, Mental Health, OCD, PTSD, Reflective Practice, Sand Tray Therapy, Safeguarding, Self-harm, Sexual Health and Relationships, Sexuality, Self-care, Smoking Cessation, Steroids and Image Enhancing Drugs, Suicide awareness and Workplace Counselling.
- College Counsellor, Coleg Gwent, 2003-2018
- Residential Support Worker, Bristol City Council, 1987-2000
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
My area of expertise is loss, through death, relationship problems or break up, changes in job, finances, health and way of life, although my practice is by no means limited to this. If you are struggling with anxiety issues this is also an area I have a great deal of experience and success with.
My fees are £45 for a 50 minute session. I also offer some subsidised appointments, for those who are not in a position to pay the full amount, including students, please do not let finances put you off. Please contact me for more information.
Once you have booked an appointment with me I ask that payment is made within 24 hours to secure that booking for you. Payment can be made by direct bank transfer, debit or credit card.
If you cancel or rearrange your appointment with 48 hours notice I will refund your money (the full amount of the direct bank transfer or if payment was made by card minus the card fee).
If another appointment is booked I ask that payment is made in cash or card at the present appointment or direct bank payment within 24 hours of the booking being made.
Concessions offered for
My private practice counselling room is a sound-proofed, safe, warm, cosy and comfortable therapeutic setting where I provide acceptance, genuine warmth and understanding to enable you to talk about your most personal problems and concerns. The location is within easy reach of public transport, and has parking.
I am a registered member of BACP and adhere to their ethical framework for good practice in counselling. I attend regular supervision sessions to help develop and focus my practice, and ensure that I am working ethically with clients. I attend training and conferences on a regular basis to further my knowledge and expertise, and remain up to date with relevant information and research.
I work with clients short, medium and long-term, with most of my clients come once a week or fortnightly, usually at the same time. The average number of sessions are six, but you are in control, you attend the number of counselling sessions that feels right for you.
Our first meeting together is a taster session. This is to see if counselling is for you, and if you wish to continue with further sessions. There is no obligation to book anymore.
Appointments are available on Tuesday to Friday with evening sessions available.
Please do ring me on 07401 331521 to make an appointment, or to ask me any questions. See my available appointments, and book online here- https://10to8.com/book/gholjz-free/