Susan Dickson Pg.dip Counselling/Psychotherapy MBACP
07895 031 739
Hi there my name is Susan & I am qualified person-centred counsellor/psychotherapist. I do however at times draw on other approaches, tools & techniques depending on each individual & their specific needs .
I provide a confidential, safe place that is free from judgement with the added benefit of being skilled to facilitate you to face & work through any challenges fears or difficulties that may be causing you to feel distressed or affected by.
Counselling is not neccessarily a quick fix nor may it hold all the answers, however what it can offer is the potential for change in the future which I observe every day in my practice just how effective it can be for people.
I myself have lived a colourful & eventful life & feel that my experiences positive & negative have helped shape me in becoming the empathic unique individual counsellor that I am today.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Volunteer for Samaratins:- 2008-2010
- Cosca Counselling Skills- 2009
- Pg diploma in Counselling/Psychotherapy- Strathclyde University:-2010-2012
- Recognising & Understanding Sexual addictions- 2014
- Working with men who abuse woman (Womens Aid) - 2015
- Transition & Attatchments (Spark Training )- 2015
- Scottish Mental Health First Aid for Young People (Spark Training)- 2016
- Emotional Abuse & Emotional Neglect (Camhs)- 2017
- Pods Dissociation & DID Training (Pods) 2017
- Train The Trainer (Womens Aid) 2018
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am a registered member of (BACP) British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists & I work in accordance with ethical framework (2018) including having regular supervision & engaging in continuous professional development.
My fees are £45 per hourly session.
A sliding scale may be offered depending on circumstances.
Alongside my private counselling I work for 2 local charities. One provides specialist help for people affected by childhood sexual abuse & rape.
The other offers counselling to support people & the families affected by cancer & bereavement.
Within my private practice I work with multiple issues that clients present with & no topic is off limit to myself no matter how embarrassing or shameful it may feel to the individual.
I am a registered member of BACP & I work in accordance with their ethical framework (2018) inclusive of having regular supervision & on going CPD.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer flexible hours with day/evening & weekend appointments. Home visits where applicable may be an option.
Types of client