I am a fully trained, accredited counsellor offering a one to one counselling service in the Hertfordshire and Harrow area. This can be short or long term depending on your needs and wishes. I work with clients as individuals and with their own unique life issues which they bring to counselling. I can help you work through various difficulties, including low moods, depression, anxiety, loss, bereavement, physical disabilities, workplace bullying, relationship problems and painful feelings arising from childhood difficulties and abuse.
I can assure a non-judgmental, warm, compassionate, safe and professional approach. Along with working at your pace in a collaborative way, this creates the basis of a working relationship. Here trust can grow and thoughts and feelings can be found, expressed and explored. This forms a ground in exploring relationships and emotions, past and present.
My training uses a person-centred approach using a variety of theories, known as the Integrative Approach, allowing the best ways to use different techniques together. This approach allows me to combine different therapeutic tools and approaches to fit the needs and fill in developmental gap of each of my individual clients. It enables me to use a more flexible and inclusive approach to therapy.
I have found my own personal experience of the process of counselling very useful, as part of my training and also at difficult points in my life as a way of exploring and learning more about myself, working through difficulties and changing ways of relating with others for the better. This has been valuable experience in being able to fully facilitate the counselling process for others.
My background in addition to counselling has been in education, working as a special needs co-ordinator working for nearly 20 years with children aged 5-11 from many different cultures and social backgrounds in the communities of London. I also work as a counsellor with children as part of my role in education, having worked with children who are having difficulties with areas such as their self-esteem, confidence, own abilities, social and/or family difficulties.
My previous voluntary work has been with The Samaritans for three years and I am training with Road Victims Trust who offer counselling to victims of serious road accidents.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited Member of the National Counselling Society.
- Accredited Member of the National Hypnotherapy Society.
- Level 4 Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling.
- Level 2 Place2Be Counselling Skills for Working with Children.
- Level 3 Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills.
- Post Graduate National Award for Special Educational Needs Coordination.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education - Qualified Teacher Status.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Jungian therapy
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Play therapy
- Psychoanalytic therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
£45 per session (50 minutes).
Reduced rates available upon discussion for individual circumstances.
I can offer an initial 20 minute phone call where we can explore the possibility of working together. Here I would be considering what is bringing you to therapy and I would be giving information about the way I work and there would be an opportunity for questions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|