Suneeta Gogna NCS Accredited, Counsellor working with Young People and Adults
I am a fully accredited counsellor offering a counselling service in the Hertsmere area. I work with a range of life difficulties. I specialise in counselling for children and teenagers/young people. My training also specialised in therapies that support adults who are have experienced traumatic events. My cultural background allows me to relate to both Western and Eastern lifestyles, which enables me to understand the impact they can have on our lives.
I offer a person-centred approach to counselling which can be short or long term depending on your needs. I work with clients as individuals and with their own unique life issues which they bring to counselling. I can help you work through various difficulties, including low moods, depression, anxiety, loss, bereavement, physical disabilities, workplace bullying, relationship problems and painful feelings arising from childhood difficulties and abuse.
I can assure a non-judgmental, warm, compassionate, safe and professional approach, working at your pace.
I have found my own personal experience of the process of counselling very useful, as part of my training and also at difficult points in my life as a way of exploring and learning more about myself, working through difficulties and changing ways of relating with others for the better. This has been a valuable experience in being able to fully facilitate the counselling process for others.
In addition to Counselling, my background is in Education where I have almost 20 years experience of working with children from many different cultures and social backgrounds. As a Special Needs Co-ordinator and Counsellor in a Primary School, I specialise in supporting and counselling children and families in areas such as self-esteem, confidence, own abilities, social and/or family difficulties.
I am currently trained and work with The Road Victims Trust which is a registered charity offering a range of free support services to residents of Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire who have been affected by fatal road collisions. I previous worked with The Samaritans as a volunteer Listening Counsellor for three years.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited Member of the National Counselling Society.
- Accredited Member of the National Hypnotherapy Society.
- Level 4 Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling.
- Level 2 Place2Be Counselling Skills for Working with Children.
- Level 3 Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills.
- Rewind Technique - Therapy for Detraumatising
- Post Graduate National Award for Special Educational Needs Coordination.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education - Qualified Teacher Status.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Jungian therapy
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Play therapy
- Psychoanalytic therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
£45 per session (50 minutes)
Reduced rates available upon discussion for individual circumstances.
I can offer an initial 20 minute phone call where we can explore the possibility of working together. Here I would be considering what is bringing you to therapy and I would be giving information about the way I work and there would be an opportunity for questions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - all day (evenings included) Tuesday - Thursday - 6 - 9pm, Saturday and Sunday - please contact me for availability.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|