My name is Sue and I am a fully qualified Integrative Counsellor (MBACP) and (UKCP) Integrative child psychotherapist.
- Individual counselling to adults
- Individual counselling and psychotherapy to children and adolescents
- Parent-child intervention
- Individual parent sessions.
My therapeutic approach is integrative which means I may draw on a number of theories and models to assist me in the understanding of your difficulties and will work with you to help you address and resolve your worries and concerns. I work from a relational/humanistic perspective as I believe the relationship between the therapist and client is fundamental to the work and in the promotion of emotional growth, health and well being and change. I am able to offer traditional talking therapy and also creative arts/play based psychotherapy.
I have experience of working with adults with mental health difficulties such as anxiety, depression, phobias, OCD, agoraphobia, bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.
I also specialise in working with children and adolescents who may suffer with anxiety, depression, exam stress, OCD, ADHD, neuro-developmental disorders, bed wetting, encopresis, separation anxiety, attachment difficulties and trauma.
I have a private practice in Maldon and also Chelmsford. If you would like further information or wish to make an appointment I can be contacted on my mobile number or alternatively you can email me.
I offer appointments Monday - Friday (daytime and evenings) and also Saturday mornings 9.00am - 1.00pm. Please contact me for a free consultation.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters Degree in Integrative Child Psychotherapy
- HND Diploma in Psychotherapuetic Counselling
- HND Diploma in the Application of the Arts in Therapy and Education
- RAMP Certificate in Youth and Community
- Level 1 Introductory Theraplay and Marschak Interaction Method Training
- Part 1 of EMDR Europe Accredited Training
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
I charge £55.00 per session
I am a EMDR practitioner in training and able to provide sessions at a reduced rate whilst I complete my training and accreditation. All sessions are supervised by a registered EMDR Europe supervisor.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available daytime, evenings and Saturday mornings
Types of client