Sophie Bayley Reg MBACP, Dip Counselling, BA Hons.
Whether you're having difficulties at work, have anxiety or depression, are feeling sad, had a major life event, have experienced a loss, have changes going on or just need to make sense of your current situation, I can offer a safe space to do this.
Counselling offers somewhere to be yourself outside of your regular life, to connect to what is going on for you emotionally.
I provide a warm, confidential and welcoming space for you to look at the issues you need to bring and support you to work out your thoughts and your feelings. My role is to build a relationship where you can fully be accepted, feel safe, explore your feelings and be heard. See what others think of me
As a qualified integrative counsellor I offer long and short term counselling and use many methods and processes to work with you to look at what you want to look at - the work is led by your needs but with my support.
Although I can work with anything you bring, I specialise in trauma counselling. This will support you to find a way to minimise trauma symptoms such as anxiety, depression, self-harm, panic attacks and help build resilience and resources for you to help you feel more safe in the world.
I offer a free 20 minute telephone consultation to see if I'm right for you and to see how we can work together.
Even if my skills don't match your needs, or I don't have the time slot you're looking for, I should be able to signpost you to other professional counsellors or agencies who meet your needs as I know how hard it can be to find the right person. Do get in touch, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered Member of BACP
- Diploma In Professional Studies - Counselling at University of West of England
- Trauma Somatic Experience training with Babette Rothschild
- Leadership Training with Celebration of Being
- Child Protection Training
- Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (DTTLS)
- BA Hons from University of Portsmouth.
- Experience of working short and long term with clients with a wide range of issues and from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Experience of working with cancer
- Experience of working with addiction and trauma (sexual, emotional, physical abuse and neglect).
- Sessional Counsellor at Southmead Project
- 20 years' experience working as a volunteer, trustee, worker and trainer in the voluntary sector
- Diversity training
- Pre-Trial therapy training
- Experience and training around self-harm
- Enhanced DBS (what was CRB)
I am deeply committed to my personal development and have been in therapy myself on and off for around 20 years.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger work
- Involuntary Childlessness
- Panic Attacks
- Inner child work
- Constellation work
- Parts work
From January 2019 I will be charging £50 per session (50 mins).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Spanish (to be discussed)|
I am unable to take on new clients at the moment and have a waiting list. If you'd still like to be on the waiting list please contact me. many thanks
Types of client